Current Reading

Started by Gopher, Apr 16 06 11:15

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

Bertolt Brecht - Mother Courage, The Jewish Wife, In search of Justice, the informer, the Elephant Calf, The Measures taken, The Exception and the Rule, Salzburg Dance of Death, What was killed for?

Nice to read some plays before I transition into urban planning theory for probably the rest of the semester lol.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

A Hitler Youth - Henry Metelmann
A fool's paradise is better than none.

LM@work

poisonwood bible

Gopher

Glad you mentioned it. I've been trying to remember the name of that book for ages.

PostMonkee @(^_^)@

guns and ammo april 2010 edition.
its rubbish.

Jesus, bad waves of paranoia, madness, fear and loathing - intolerable vibrations in this place. Get out. The weasels were closing in. I could smell the ugly brutes. Flee.

Sportsdude

Jack Kerouac - On the Road

My other reading friend now complains I'm too much into Americana thus = American.

Orik

this forum page  
Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Gopher

Maria Stuart - Schiller

Lil Me

A Jest of God- Margaret Lawrence
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

the no-cry sleep solution book.

not working so far for us. :(

LM@work

Time Traveller's Wife

purelife

LM@work wrote:
Time Traveller's Wife

Oh, that movie was good!  I wish that I had the energy to read.  I miss it.  I end up falling asleep.

Gopher

The Kingdom By The Sea - Paul Theroux

Sportsdude

I'm still with Jack on the Road somewhere. Like his novel, I had prolong breaks between journeys with Dean Moriarty.

I've been wanting to read Andrew Brown's 2009 Orwell Prize winning book Fishing in Utopia: Sweden and the future that disappeared, so that book is next.

However, I have got to get a move on with my urbanist/architecture reading list for the Summer. I have amassed over 35 books in my room, most of which are urban related.

I grew up in the wrong generation. Used books and independent bookstores fit me like your well worn, but favourite baseball mitt you had as a child. Too bad they're going out of business. I'd love to work in one though. I have ideas on how to save these stores and I think it would work.  

Oh, and I've begun to catalogue all my books.

Gopher

Death In Breslau - Marek Krajewski

|