The Ebony Lounge

Started by P.C., Mar 27 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Ye are a wise-cracker I tell ya. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

*yawn*  gosh, it's only a bit past 9 and I'm tired.

I was giving my lil bro driving lessons before it got too dark.  

How is everyone doing this evening?

I don't think I'll be able to stay up to watch I Am Legend.

Lil Me

Hi purelife!  That was brave of you- teaching your bro to drive.

My sis has been wanting to learn how to drive a standard for years.  I don't have it in me to teach her (lack of pateince).

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

apparently from what they tell me, my sister can drive, but I'm not allowed in the car.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Standard sounds like a more difficult thing to teach than automatic...  

I'm glad that my car made it back to my mom's in one piece.

Oh, you know what's so cool?  My mom saved some old pics of me from grad year and a family pic of my dad, my mom, me and my lil bro.  I was two and my brother was one.  She was really really pretty, not that she isn't now. :)  I don't have any old family pics.  I can't wait to blow some up and frame some. :)))

Lil Me

Cool.  Family photos are fun.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

I used to have some old pics of me that my mom gave in an album, but my EX, that I met threw that away along with my yearbook.  That is why he's my ex.  I remember balling my eyes out creating a puddle for hours and he couldn't give a da*n.

P.C.

Oh, you know what's so cool?  My mom saved some old pics of me from grad year and a family pic of my dad, my mom, me and my lil bro.  I was two and my brother was one.  She was really really pretty, not that she isn't now. :)  I don't have any old family pics.  I can't wait to blow some up and frame some. :)))

That makes me smile purelife.

I have been in the process of making an album for my kids, called 'Random Thoughts'.  It's about the Van I remember as a kid.....and there are far less pics of me than of my two sisters.....I guess 'first steps...first anything' was old news by then.....LOL (I'm the youngest).  But it's been a fun project.  

Lil Me

oh purelife.  That's sad. :(

But karma's a bitch.  He's gonna get his in the end.

P.C.

I used to have some old pics of me that my mom gave in an album, but my EX, that I met threw that away along with my yearbook.  That is why he's my ex.  I remember balling my eyes out creating a puddle for hours and he couldn't give a da*n.

So sorry I missed this purelife.  I can only imagine how heartbreaking this must have been. I cling (a little too tightly) to those types of memories.

For some reason, we tie up our memories with what is documented in proof (photos).  But the truth is in our memories and how they shaped who we are.  Memories....good or bad....they are the product of what made us who we are today. (I have to admit, that I don't think I'm THERE....I base a lot of worth on 'documented memories'.)  But in reality....it's all about how we are able to deal with life on a day to day basis in the present.

Michel

P.C.

That's why they're EX'es.

Lil Me

Does anyone here have an Uncle Vinnie (or two)?  

P.C.

No....but I DO have a friend in the concrete business that has offered his service on numerous occasions.

Sportsdude

my opa put his life on tape before he died. Now dad's lost the tapes, he hid (and subsquently doesn't know where they are) them from me for 10 years until I started digging around at Oma's place finding hungarian passports and such. He doesn't want to listen to them, too tough apparently to listen to Opa's voice. As Opa would go: eyeyeye which I was never allowed to say growing up lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

|