Tax Refund Survey

Started by Lil Me, Apr 09 08 01:55

Previous topic - Next topic

What are you going to do with your tax refund?

I don't get one
4 (33.3%)
Pay bills
4 (33.3%)
Add it to savings
3 (25%)
Buy something
0 (0%)
Other
1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Lil Me

We don't get a refund.  We have to pay :(

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

I hope you don't have to pay too much LM.

My parents have to fork out 4 grand ish.  Yikes!

ADD:  I selected "Pay Bills" option.  If I could, I would also select "Spend money down in the States!"    

Lil Me

I hope so too.
 Gotta do my tzxes sometime this week.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

I'm uninspired and unmotivated.  

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

Lil Me

Me too!  I actually have until June to file, but might as well do it now.  My balance is due Apr 30, anyways.

Sportsdude

i got a tax refund sheet, it was optional though. didn't fill it out.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

Add it to savings until I decide what I'm going to treat myself to.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lil Me

Buy yourself a brand new hat, for sure!

ADD: Finally got my taxes done.  We both need to pay :(  I had payroll deductions withheld during the year, so I only need to pay a bit more. Mr LM had no payroll deductions, so he needs to pay quite a bit more- but a chunk of it is also a CPP contribution.

Maybe I'm too optimistic, but I choose to view CPP contributions as a future credit instead of a current liability.

Gopher

I've just received something called a "pre-tax refund". Does anyone have any idea what this means? It sounds as though I'm getting a refund for tax which I haven't paid - can this be right?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lil Me

Go on...take the money and run...

49er

Sportsdude wrote:
i got a tax refund sheet, it was optional though. didn't fill it out.  
    you didn't file 2007 Fed to get the Bush's rebate?

Lise

Savings. What else?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

Your deadline has been extended until May 6 to e-file.

stretchedout

Had to write the cheque and mail today!
C'mon, the city is sleeping!