Tax Refund Survey

Started by Lil Me, Apr 09 08 01:55

Previous topic - Next topic

What are you going to do with your tax refund?

I don't get one
4 (33.3%)
Pay bills
4 (33.3%)
Add it to savings
3 (25%)
Buy something
0 (0%)
Other
1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Michel

purelife

Have you tried calling them?

Mr PL tried calling them yesterday but he couldn't get through.  And their website says "We answer calls within 2 minutes"  What a bunch of bologne.

purelife

If you don't recall entering your cheque information on the software, it means that you didn't submit for direct deposit.  And if you get your GST cheque in the mail, it is even more likely that you don't have direct deposit, but you could sign up for it by sending them a form.  (on CCRA website)

They should send you a Notice of Assessment.  Refund cheque/deposit usually comes with it.

Michel

Michel

purelife

I would tell them your new address because when MrPL told them his new address, they still sent mail to the old address.  They finally have it right.  We're lucky that our old landlord is very nice. :)

Or you could pay Canada Post to have your mail redirected if your landlord won't send it to you.  

Michel

Michel

Michel

ShyT

How long did it take?

Michel

Gopher

Did you manage to get to SK, Michel?

Oops, I've posted this in the wrong thread.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Michel

Lil Me

BUMP.

I was motivated to file early this year because we're getting a healthy refund this year instead of needing to pay, like we usually do.  We incorporated and put ourselves on company payroll for 2008, so we overpaid on source deductions.

*CHA-CHING*

I'd have a toast to celebrate my tax refund, but in my tired, zombie-like state, another drink will throw me over the edge.  (getting old...I fear...)

Not doing anything exciting with the cash.  Buying groceries.  Oh and paying MrLM's membership fees to the professional association.  *nudge nudge reminder*    
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

van_guy

Not doing anything exciting with the cash.  Buying groceries.  Oh and paying MrLM's membership fees to the professional association.  *nudge nudge reminder*

ooooooh subtle ... I hate those guys - pompous old boys club designed for engineers milking us for money ...

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

|