Started by purelife, Mar 06 08 01:59

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

49er

funny you guys call a gas station a gas bar  

Lil Me

Michel wrote:
How does the stupidstore bucks work ? How do you exchange those ?
 --
 It's a coupon for something like 7.5cents per litre of gas you buy.  For each tank of gas, I usually get about $3.50 in Superstore coupons.  You can use them towards your groceries in the store....I think for anything except prescription drugs or tobacco.  And the coupon is usually valid for about 3 months at any StupidStore.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Marik

they give you the tickets when you buy gas... present it to the cashier when you go in to buy something.  

Michel

Marik

That's probably why... I always pay cash.  

Lil Me

I pay at the pump, too.  It's on the bottom of your receipt.
 Rip off the coupon part with the bar code at the bottom and that's your coupon.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Michel

Marik

I've never actually become a costco 'member' or whatever they call it. how much does it cost?  

P.C.

49er wrote:  funny you guys call a gas station a gas bar

49er.....we still call gas stations, gas stations.  We have gas bars and gas stations. [/DIV]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

I think I saw "gas bar" written at the station...maybe at Superstore?

For me, a gas bar is part of a large store ie Costco, Superstore.  And a station is like Petro Canada, Esso, Shell, Chevron, etc.

Michel

P.C.

That's what I see as the difference too purelife.  

It took me 6 minutes from my last post to this one....(probably a little more by the time this one actually posts)  As a matter of fact, it took so long, I don't remember what I came in here to say.

Maybe I'm semi-banned ?  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

|