Fixing Toilet Question

Started by Lise, May 24 07 08:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Lil Me

funny stuff, Lise.  I hope your situation gets resolved soon.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

I think you needed a hacksaw OR the WD40.  I'd like to have been a fly on the wall watching Miss Lise in the HD.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

well if nothing works you could always throw some cesium in the toilet, but that would probably blow the house down. Messed with that stuff in high school chemistry class, crazy explosive.  

[img style="width: 559px; height: 455px;" src="http://hse.k12.in.us/staff/ebrown/elements/2/cesium/cesium3.jpg"]

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

49er

Lise just needs a bigger hammer........if she is ready to change toilet seats then she is ready to change to water conserving toilets

Lise

49er!!! Care to be my hammer? *snicker snicker*

The plumber came in today. Fixed up the toilet just nice. I asked him if the lube would have done the trick, he said no. What about a hacksaw? Yes, if you know what you're doing. I was thinking, thank God I didn't attempt that. Otherwise I would be bleeding $$$ out of my ears.

Too bad he wasn't good looking. I would have loved to watch him in action since you all got me all bothered up about the toilet for nothing.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Glad to hear it's all fixed up Lise.  Nothing worse than a nasty toilet seat.  I'm still having issues with my upstairs toilet.  I don't know what the problem is......and worse still, is nobody else does either.  It just doesn't flush properly......grrrrrrrr

It's impossible to know what condition  your ...a.......nuts and bolts were in, but if there was only enough rust to bind them, but there were still threads remaining....the Liquid Wrench would most definitely have worked.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

49er

Lise, did he show you his butt crack when he was bent over taking the bolts off?

kitten

I installed a toilet seat for myself today, with no problem.  However, when I went to help my friend change hers, there was no way to get the bolts out.  We tried screwdriver and pliers, and then WD40.  No luck!  So we called a maintenance worker in and he tried the drill, a vise clamp, and a pair of bolt cutters.  Still nothing!  The man called the property caretaker for advice, and he will be coming over to see what can be done.  The old seat broke off the the plastic holder at the back, so we were really stuck.  My friend just called me now and told me that the caretaker was there and he had it fixed in five minutes!  I still don't believe it.  
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Lise

49er wrote:
 Lise, did he show you his butt crack when he was bent over taking the bolts off?[/DIV]
       LOL. If he did, I must say, I was blinded by his bald head. I'm just glad it's over and done with.

PC. Hope you get your issue fix. I know how frustrating it is to have a toilet that's not 100%.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

|