The "I have nothing Interesting to Say" Thread

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 02:40

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

I just can't fathom the expenditure that is going into 2010, when BC's essential services are a-shambles.

The VANOC/BC Gov't rhetoric is tiresome.  Yeah yeah, build it and they will come.  Expo 86 put Vancouver on the "world map", we're building JOBS for B.C.(!), forget the cost over-runs on the Athletes' Village- we got a "deal" by securing the early part of the contract years ago.

I'm planning to get the hell out of Vancouver during the Olympics.  I don't really care where we go.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

Anyways, my next rant is about BC "Fair Pharmacare" (which really isn't fair).
 Several friends of mine with chronic illnesses requiring countless thousands of dollars' worth of prescriptions are being jacked around by Pharmacare.  You pay for your own precriptions until your "family maximum" is reached (based on income), but that still comes out to thousands of dollars per year....for working poor families.  It totally sucks.  One family is considering going on social assistance, because their prescriptions will be paid for.  

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

I don't get the logic behind this either.  

I keep hearing that everything is in the interest of tourism.  Well I happen to think that a city without the streets full of homeless people has a nice appeal.  A win win if you ask me to do something about THAT.  I'm thinking the homeless must wish they were trees.  Fund raisers for Stanley Park after the wind took out some trees.....a quarter million to save a dead stump.......come ON.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

I wonder how the City of Van is going to "hide" the homeless people from the world media in 2010.

Heard another hilarious comment about the stupid stump.
 "If you want to pay money to see something dead being propped up, go rent Weekend at Bernie's".

P.C.

P.C.

Ya know......it's no secret that I'm all for the trees.....but we're talking about saving A DEAD TREE.

Sportsdude

Lil Me wrote:
I just can't fathom the expenditure that is going into 2010, when BC's essential services are a-shambles.

The VANOC/BC Gov't rhetoric is tiresome.  Yeah yeah, build it and they will come.  Expo 86 put Vancouver on the "world map", we're building JOBS for B.C.(!), forget the cost over-runs on the Athletes' Village- we got a "deal" by securing the early part of the contract years ago.

I'm planning to get the hell out of Vancouver during the Olympics.  I don't really care where we go.

You know what '86 and 2010 have in common Gordon Campbell...

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

It is rumoured that school kids will get a holiday during the olympics (moving spring break to Feb).  Will be a good time to get out of the Lower Mainland.  Maybe go visit relatives elsewhere in BC and AB.  Or see if we can find a getaway deal (leaving out of SeaTac, not YVR).  

Sportsdude

P.C. wrote:
I don't get the logic behind this either.  

I keep hearing that everything is in the interest of tourism.  Well I happen to think that a city without the streets full of homeless people has a nice appeal.  A win win if you ask me to do something about THAT.  I'm thinking the homeless must wish they were trees.  Fund raisers for Stanley Park after the wind took out some trees.....a quarter million to save a dead stump.......come ON.

saving a tree by raising money doesn't take any effort and its a feel good initiative that is really out of sight out of mind.  Stopping homelessness on the other hand isn't easy nor would it be out of sight out of mind.  Vancouver lacks the human will to stop it. They'll just put up with it 'as long as its not in my backyard...'

Sportsdude

Lil Me wrote:
It is rumoured that school kids will get a holiday during the olympics (moving spring break to Feb).  Will be a good time to get out of the Lower Mainland.  Maybe go visit relatives elsewhere in BC and AB.  Or see if we can find a getaway deal (leaving out of SeaTac, not YVR).  

Its true. We don't have class during the olympics. They don't want us interacting with the foreigners, UBC will be turned into a prison run by big brother with security cameras planted everywhere.

P.C.

All right....I'm getting back to topic.

I still can't find my car keys.    

Michel

Sportsdude

at UBC? lol this is a right of centre/apathy police state campus.

oh noes PC where do you think they ran off to?

P.C.

I can't even imagine SD.  I have torn my house to shreds looking.  I just can't make myself spend $250.00 for A KEY !

Sportsdude

I know the feeling. Do you leave your keys in the car?

|