So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

My hubby used to drive a Scooby Doo van with the 3-in-the-tree shifter (before I knew him).  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

Oh sheeesh... I just realized, the zoom zoom is a Mazda. Argh!!!!!

Yes, the leftover chicken from the pho. I have leftover boiled chicken so I'm making the Hainanese chicken rice to go with the chicken.

Taco sounds yummy. I can't get Lise Jr. to eat the meat though. *sigh*

Scooby Do van??[/DIV]
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

Who is a hainanesses (sp?) chicken?

I would love a cuppa j-ava Lil me. You could easily drive this dodge diesel.. its got the bucket type drivers seat that you could pull forward and UP, and the pedals can be adjusted up and out.  
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

mmm dinner time....  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

tenkani

[span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]"TENKANI!  HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!1"[/span]

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Lil Me

Lise wrote:
Taco sounds yummy. I can't get Lise Jr. to eat the meat though. *sigh* [div style="font-style: italic;"]
Scooby Do van??

--
 [/div]My kids wouldn't eat hamburger when they were tots.  Too chewy or something.

My hubby drove a green boogie van that looked like the Mystery Machine from Scooby Doo.  

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

Hainan chicken is basically chicken rice with cold chicken on the side. Geez. I'm shocked I don't have this recipe on my website. I'll have to include it when I get the time.

[A href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hainanese_chicken_rice"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hainanese_chicken_rice[/A]

If you ever get the chance, the Curry King store in the Crystal Mall has one of the best Hainan chicken dish.    
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lise

Lil Me wrote:
 My kids wouldn't eat hamburger when they were tots.  Too chewy or something.

Yep, Lise Jr. is at this stage right now. Won't chew anything. So frustrating to get her to chew on something. So far her menu is carbs carbs carbs. (e.g. plain rice, plain noodles etc)

My hubby drove a green boogie van that looked like the Mystery Machine from Scooby Doo.

Was that before or after you met him?  

Bill Cosby.

Lise

tenkani-san!!! My boyo!!!! Miss yer darlin'.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Is the Curry King store in the Food court?  I don't think that I've had it before.  Wouldn't mind giving it a try.  :)

I'm doing great tenky.  My coworker just popped some popcorn and we're all enjoying it.  Feels like a Friday.  :)

Russ

Lise wrote:
 Hainan chicken is basically chicken rice with cold chicken on the side. Geez. I'm shocked I don't have this recipe on my website. I'll have to include it when I get the time.

[A href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hainanese_chicken_rice"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hainanese_chicken_rice[/A]

If you ever get the chance, the Curry King store in the Crystal Mall has one of the best Hainan chicken dish.

Thanks lise.. I seriously had no idea. Uh, what website?

Lil me, have you ever drive the three on the tree? Its not that hard when you get used to it, but when I first get in an older van/ truck with this I get confused.

Does he still have the scooby doo van?? Thats sweet though!

All I have is a 78 dodge tradesman campervan parked in a neighbors yard.. trying to get my parents to take it cause I bought it for them when they said they wanted it.. now they dont. lol.  
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

Why wouldn't they want your Dodge? A car's a car, no?

My cooking website. Click the WWW under my avatar. Should take you to my website.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

Lise wrote:
[em][/em]Was that before or after you met him? [img style="font-style: italic;" src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/smileys/Happy/12.gif[/img]

--
 Before.  I think those vans ARE cool, though.  Funny thing is, hubby sometimes has a goatee.  If he doesn't cut his hair for a while, he can pass for Shaggy.  (guess I'd be Velma)

[div]  
[/div]

Lise

LOL. Nah, I think you'd make a really cute Daphne. She's pretty hawt.
Bill Cosby.

tenkani

Happy Lunch Day!!

My beamy golden skin
Hit the pan's suzzling surface
I felt a rumbling inside
And I exploded into fat, puffy whiteness
I fell into a bowl with all of my inflated friends
Melted butter smothered me
Salt rained down on my body
In fours and fives my friends disappeared
Here I am, the last one in the bowl
Too much Kernel and not enough puff
 -Ann E. Withey, age 14

Sorry, that's a little bit creepy isn't it?    

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

|