So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

Speaking of good old sausages, have you tried the Chinese sausages. It's so..... well, I'm not fan of it but they let it hang up and dry for weeks. Has a salty distinct taste, usually found in stir fry noodles. I'm kinda grossed out by it actually.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

kitten

I've tried the sweet sausages, but can't recall eating any salty ones.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

kingy

ive had chicken feet a few times. it isnt bad in terms of taste but since there isnt really any 'meat' to it, it didnt do anything for me. it was pretty much all bones.

ive had cow brains (i think it was cow brains) as well. umm..i guess it all depends on how you cook it.  

kingy

chinese sausages = lap chong! that is my chinese lesson for the day.

they go really good with fried rice.

Lise

Oh yeah... LOL. I forgot the name for it. Hehe. I'm so ashamed.

Cow's brain. Uhm.... how does one have cow's brain?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

kitten

Yecchh!  I've eaten beef tongue, and didn't much care for it.  

Lise

Tongue. OMG. This thread is getting....... speaking of tongues, I saw a couple of frozen duck (yes duck!) tongue at T & T. I decidedly turned a shade green when I saw them.
Bill Cosby.

kitten

I might not turn green, but I would certainly turn away from them.

kingy

ive had the cow brain steamed. it is kinda like tofu. there really wasnt any taste to it. it all depends on how you cook it i guess. this was many, many years before the mad cow thing hit. im not to sure if you can buy cow brains anymore.      

kitten

I promise not to panic if they are no longer available!

Lise

OK. There goes my appetite.... no offense, kingy. I'm sure that cow's brains do taste good but I'm not fan of brains. How about sending some over to DV?

I love abalone. That stuff is awesome. Too bad they're so damn pricey. The last time I had it was about two years ago at a friend's wedding. Boohoo...  
Bill Cosby.

kingy

if you want pricey, how about shark fin soup? i only ever had them at chinese weddings.

purelife

Oh, I've had shark fin soup, I think.  It was at a chinese wedding.  Btw, I hate traditional chinese receptions/wedding.  They're soooo ssooo boring and sooo sooo plain.  Sometimes, I wonder if the groom and bride really love each other.  And the late policy?  What the heck?  I wouldn't take that kind of disrespect at mine.  Sorry, I have just changed the subject, once again.  ;)

Ok, good afternoon!  Mmmmm....greek food is yummmmmy...
 I had a garlic roast beef sandwich with avocado.  Yummy...homemade too, so, I'm very happy.  :)

Russ

I had shark fin soup and Abalone in China, alot cheaper there lol. I also had it at two asian weddings I went to. The second one wasnt that bad, as we were right beside the bar and it was a reception as well as wedding at the same place... so we just kept drinking throughout the whole thing. I swear I understood what was going on halfway through it. lol.    
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

I take it that you enjoyed the wedding, Russ?  As long as there were drinks?  ;)

|