So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

Sometimes you can get discounts from Superstore with regards to their cheesecakes. Just look out for their flyers.

Used to make cheesecakes before the kids. Now I'm lucky if I could bake brownies.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Mr. P.C. makes a mean cheesecake.  *these are not calorie-wise*  Personally my favourite is the basic NY.....but he's made some that can convert any cheesecake purist.  Like his B-52......and his Kahluah (sp?) cheesecake are nummy.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

Wow. Mr. PC can bake? I'm so amazed!! Can you send him over so he can at least teach my husband how to do the basic stuff?? Sounds so yummy.

Ack! Now I have a cheesecake craving just like purelife. Dang you, PC! (in the sweetest sense)
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

He doesn't bake a lot.....but he's a great cook.  I made him a cheesecake when we were first going out, and he was absolutely dumbfounded.  That was it.  He wanted to learn everything.  He's a gutsy cook......he'll peruse the net and cook something for company without even giving it a 'test run'.....and it's always fabulous.  Me?.....gotta give it a trial run before I do it for company....lol

Sorry about inflicting you with the cravings Lise......[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/nahrung/f080.gif" border=0]

Lise

Awwwww..... that's so sweet. You cooking for him. I think the first time I cooked for my husband, I opened a can of ravioli and he was dead impressed. Hehe.

Hey, you're not the only one who's been tormenting me with your delicious food. This lunch thread always make me hungry.

Is Mr. PC coming home soon? What are you preparing for him tonight? Mine's just tofu something and scrambled eggs. Too tired to do anything fancy..... the kids, meh, they drained me.    
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Who said cheesecake? Cheesecake mmmmmmm

I went out, went to the Pasta House.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Evening everyone.

Wow, I'm impressed to hear that Mr PC makes the best cheesecake.  He can bake and cook?  Awesome.  I don't know many men who can cook.

I'm going to get my guy to take cooking lessons.  I wonder if that'll help.  He wants to learn though.  Whenever I'm cooking, I have him cook with me.  It makes it more fun.  :)

Lise

Aww. That's so sweet and romantic. Y'know, nothing is sweeter than a guy making dinner for you. I've told my husband many, many times. That I would prefer that he cook a simple meal (even boil a damn egg) than give me flowers. He's been resistant to my demands. Claims not even a Klingon can force him to do it.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

sounds like fun purelife.
He'll have a blast, I always love cooking classes. Makes me feel like I can actually cook.  But I'm more Like Mr. PC.  Except I won't even look at a recipe I'll just make something up.

P.C.

That's not at all like Mr P.C.  He follows a recipe to the letter.  I'm the one that will adlib.

kitten

I always adlib when I cook.  Sometimes the results can be surprising, but usually it's good since I know what tastes I like.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

[FONT size=6]MISS KITTEN[/FONT] .....[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a025.gif" border=0]

I don't know if anyone has ever watched the cooking show by Alton Brown.  (Good Eats)  It's different from the cooking shows where the purpose is to cook a specific recipe.  He actually teaches about the science of food and cooking.  Like, what makes one type of potato make good potato salad, but would make very bad whipped potatoes or bad fries.  Once you learn all those 'basics' of food, then you can make your own recipes and know before hand why or THAT they will work.  He does it with a lot of corny humour.....but he's really quite entertaining, and he sure knows his stuff.

Lise

Woot! Greetings Ms. kitten!! Miss you tons!!

Hey, I watched Alton Brown. He's funny!! Who woulda thought that a lot of science goes into what you're cooking. Have you seen his other show where he crosses all over America, eating in little Moms and Pops restaurants? He's very down-to-earth and one of the better chefs on TV.

I can't stand Bobby Flay... ugh... that guy's got too much up his noggin. Kinda arrogant.
Bill Cosby.

kitten

I used to watch cooking shows on the Food Channel, but I haven't seen any in quite a while.  I wish someone would come out with a show about cooking for one.  I need some interesting things that aren't too complicated.  

*and don't use every pot and pan at once!*
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

my favourite cooking show growing up was this old dude in a grey beard I forget what it was but it always came on after lunch on PBS  

|