So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Ugh....James Beard?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

It was Gourmet something can't remember now it was sooo long ago.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Graham Kerr.....the Galloping Gourmet ?????

He was great !

Sportsdude

Found It!

I watched it everyday growing up as a kid.  I'd get home from school I'd watch the afternoon seasame street then this guy painting a picture then the cooking show, then came Reading Rainbow with that guy from Star Trek (the blind guy), then Where in the World is Carmen San Diego (hence why I'm really good at geography).

In the mornings it was Mr. Rodgers and Seasame Street. I wouldn't go to preschool until I'd see the entire episode of Seasame street which would end at 9am when school started at 9:05 lol. Yup I was a PBS kid.

EDIT: It was FRUGAL  Gourmet with the guy and the big  beard

I remember when he was taken off the air, over something that was never proved he did.

P.C.

[FONT size=5]THAT'S[/FONT] the guy I was thinking of....not James Beard.  Jeff Smith.  Yea....that guy was a piece of work.  I'd have to say I never cared for the guy even before the alegations.

Sportsdude

he was interesting to watch for a 5-9 year old to like a cooking show takes a lot.  For example I watched Julia Childs a couple times when I was little and I'd fall asleep like I'd do on the late christmas eve service at church on the floor with a blanket next to my friend she'd do the same lol, even my dad's music couldn't keep me awake.  Thats what a Julia Childs show was for me, brain went nap time. zzzzz. lol  

Lise

Don't know who both are.

Morning! What a lovely morning!!! Yippeee!!! I can almost feel the shuffle of Winter's feet as he moves away to make way to the lovely maiden Spring. Yay!!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Good morning Lise.

It IS a beauty day.....cold...... but beautiful.

Lise

Morning PC. Dang! I gotta run. Baby's awake. I'll ttyl. Sorry.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

Morning Lise and PC, sorry I missed ya. Was cooking breaky.

Think we are going to head to the flea market on terminal in a bit, then not too sure, maybe he maritime museum.. or maybe come back and do something like a spring clean.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

kitten

Just had the perfect brunch.....2 coffees, 1 pizza bun and 2 mini cream puffs.  Life is good!
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Russ

Hmm sounds good kitten. We had coffee, eggs, bacon, and hashbrows that I made from leftover potato and a bunch of other stuff kicking around the fridge.. and lots of onions. it came out better than the other stuff.

kitten

That sounds nourishing, Russ.  Mine was just tummy-tempting.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

I decided on three rounds of toast and marmite, a bit of left-over Christmas cake and two cups of tea.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Russ

Gopher wrote:
 I decided on three rounds of toast and marmite, a bit of left-over Christmas cake and two cups of tea.[/DIV]
 Marmite? <shudder> I have had a phobia about that stuff since i was young and went to my grandmothers for breakfast.. she made me that and when I was halfway through my piece of toast I saw a dead beetle that was in the jar of marmite she had made.. and it had obviously been in there for a while.. havent touched the stuff since. Stragne isnt it? You are scared of something since your youth.

Xmas cake? Is it the one with all the cherries and other fruity stuff in it?

|