So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Russ

Papa Murphys? wheres that? Is it a premade pizza that you just bake when you want it?
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

Yep, by the Old Orchard complex. You take home and bake it yourself. I've never done this so it'd be interesting to see how it turns out.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

Hm, ok. I usually get the frozen pizza's from stupidstore then add some ham sammy meat and grate some cheddar cheese on top. Turns out ok. I put mine on a pam'd cookie sheet then put it in.

Good luck!

My name is Russ and I approve this non-ickysardine content message

Lise

Well, I just thought i'd give it a go since I've always bought frozen pizzas before. Not too bad for price, $13.00 for medium.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Good Afternoon everybody!
Busy Busy day I'm going to have can't talk much.
Went to CompUSA and the new Windows Office system Office '07 I think thats what its called comes out Tuesday.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Let us know how Papa Murphy's pizza turned out in the oven, Lise.  I might try that if it turned out good.

49er

Lise wrote:
Well, I just thought i'd give it a go since I've always bought frozen pizzas before. Not too bad for price, $13.00 for medium.[/DIV]
 Damn!  Vancouver prices are expensive.  Here Papa Murphy charges $12.95 for family size..... goumet topping.  

49er

try the garlic chicken pizza.......its fantastic

Russ

Lise wrote:
 Well, I just thought i'd give it a go since I've always bought frozen pizzas before. Not too bad for price, $13.00 for medium.[/DIV]
 Oooh! Just picked up on this, so its a fresh pizza made for this hmm? I gots to try this.  

Russ

Lise wrote:
 Well, I just thought i'd give it a go since I've always bought frozen pizzas before. Not too bad for price, $13.00 for medium.[/DIV]49er wrote:
 Damn!  Vancouver prices are expensive.  Here Papa Murphy charges $12.95 for family size..... goumet topping.

I have actually found that US prices for alot of foods are cheaper, like alot cheaper.

On the same token I went to a red robins up here in Cda and had a burger fries and beer. The next day went down to Bellingham with a buddy so he could do some shopping for models and toys that you cant get up here in Cda. Wouldnt you know it, he saw a Red Robins and guess where we went, well after we ordered my bill came to EXACLTY (taxes prices not same) the same in USD that it was in CDN. The price of the beer was the same too, not cheaper.

purelife

Speaking of US/Cdn prices, my b/f buys comics all the time and notice the large difference in US/Cdn cover prices.  Really, retails should use the US cover price.  (this could also apply to books as well) because of the exchange.  We found one comic shop on Main Street that sells comics in the US cover price.  That is only fair, I think.

purelife

My name is Russ and I approve this non-ickysardine content message

Could you remember to fill out a "Hello, my name is" name tag, please?  I won't remember your name, Russ.  ;)  

I'd like to sardine between Gopher AND Russ.  Please, rub and marinate us in olive oil!  

Russ

Is this better miss PL? :)

EDIT: Where on Main?

P.C.

(thought I'd take this out of the person below me thread)

Russ, are you using a deep fryer?

If you are, chances are it's not getting hot enough.  We have had 2, and niether got hot enough.  The temperature setting SAYS it's hot enough, but it's not.

If your food takes too long to cook, it's greasy.

You should use either peanut oil or canola or veg oil.  Anything else has too low of a smoking point.

Your food should be dry and at room temperature before putting in oil.

Don't over-crowd your pot.  Takes the temperature down too low, too long.

If you don't have an oil thermometer, cut a 1"cube of bread and throw it in.  It should bubble and brown within 30 to 45 seconds.

How'my doin.  Did I answer ANY of the questions you had....lol  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

Russ wrote:
Is this better miss PL? :)

EDIT: Where on Main?  

That's perfect, Russ.  Cute!  :)

You buy/collect comics too, Russ?  It's on Main near Broadway.  I don't know the name of the store.  

|