So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

It isn't boring...... as I'm up to my elbows with stuff to do. (which why I keep vanishing off DS now and then) But you guys have all sorts of exciting things to do, like taking off to Lake Louis or go shopping or whatever... simple things that I took for granted when the kids weren't born.

But in retrospect, I wouldn't give it up for all the money in the world.

EDIT: Wow. 3 top posts in one day.Gotta be a record.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

BOO!

Good evening everyone who is online and active.  :)  *waves*

I brought that Clover Leaf brand of sardines and I have to say that they are more yummy than the Brunswick ones.  I think that it's because they are tinier compared to the Brunswick.  And, they're Norwegian sardines, if that makes a difference AND packed in tasty, more expensive olive oil than the other one.  Thanks PC for mentioning this brand.  I wouldn't have ever looked out for them before!  I also brought Clover Leaf Kippered Fillets.  That was yummy too.  Mmmm...I'm liking this clover leaf brand.  

I have enough sardines to last me for a week.  

LOL... I had to share with you my cravings for sardines.  I take it that it's my body telling me that I'm missing these omega fat nutrients.  Hmmm...I wonder what next week'll be.    

Lise

Heya purelife.

Now I gotta go and buy Clover Leaf brand sardines just to see what they taste like. Hmmm. Kipper, too, eh?

Whatcha had for dinner? I had chicken, cauliflower and scrambled eggs. Haven't tackled that tray of turkey yet. I gotta do something for tomorrow so maybe I'll make that patty you were talking about. Maybe.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

I bought both brands haven't ate them yet.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

I had sardines and kipper with an apple for dinner.  Something simple.  

Walmart had these Cloverleaf brand for cheap, Lise (under 2 bucks something.)  

You can also stir fry that turkey ground beef with veggies.  I did that once with ground lean pork and everyone loved it.  It was simple and easy to make.

purelife

Why not?  Are you afraid of them jumping at you?    

Sportsdude

yeah I got my sardines at trader joes the brunswick ones where .99 cents and the clover leaf ones where I think 1.19? or 1.90 couldn't make out the price.  

Sportsdude

purelife wrote:
Why not?  Are you afraid of them jumping at you?    

what can I say I'm sardine virgin.  A little bit timid.

Lise

Hey, thanks purelife! I'm certainly going to try that recipe. I told my husband to buy a tray of ground CHICKEN, he came back with turkey. Said it was basically, almost, nearly the same bird. Men!

Sardines is like sex. Once you have them, you can't give them up. OK. I lied. It's nothing like sex but you gotta try them at least once, SD.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Try them now SD.  Open both cans.  I dare you, I dare you!  ;)  na na na nananaaanananaaaa!    

Lise

Just keep thinking they're chicken!
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Lise wrote:
 Hey, thanks purelife! I'm certainly going to try that recipe. I told my husband to buy a tray of ground CHICKEN, he came back with turkey. Said it was basically, almost, nearly the same bird. Men!

Sardines is like sex. Once you have them, you can't give them up. OK. I lied. It's nothing like sex but you gotta try them at least once, SD.  

Hmmm don't know what that is either........

Sportsdude

okay one sec, I'll try them give me a couple minutes....

purelife

Ok, your couple of minutes are over now.  Yup.  ;)

Sportsdude

alright I've got them opening the package now...

|