So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

Some schools had power outages as well.  Sucks for the parents but good for the kids as they can play play play all day long.  

I pray that skytrains and buses (mainly skytrains) will run smoothly and efficiently.  

Lise

I hope for yours sake that it will, purelife. Nothing like a downed Skytrain to really ruin your day. *sigh*

Whatcha had for lunch, ms purelife? I had ground chicken something.......
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

I had salad from the Salad Loop.  I had a craving for avocadoes.  

Almost time to leave..... tick tock tick tock.

purelife

Good morning everyone.

Russ

Mornin All!

Just got back from dropping the gf off at work. Lotta stupid idiots on the road lol, I was getting a little frustrated on the way there because of getting her there on time. On the way back I took my time and laughed at everyone.

Im on my second coffee.. having gotten one from my gf.. she was hiding the fact they have a starbucks where she works!!!!!!

Lots of ice everywhere.. everyone be careful today!

EDIT: DRAT Purelife! lol, you beat me by like 5 seconds. Morning!
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

hee hee... Morning Russ.

It was very icy on the New Westminster hills.  Last night, police had to block off hills because cars kept sliding to the sidewalk.  Not fun at all!

So, what are you up to today?

ADD:  Did you get my PM?  I hit send but then it gave me some error page saying that the message didn't go through.  I didn't feel like re-typing and PM'ing you again.  Let me know if you've got it.  If not, I'll try again to remember what I wrote for later.  F*CK, I should have copied the message first before sending it out!  This keeps happenning to me.  

Russ

I got your pm last night right before I went to bed.. and I actually JUST got internet back this morning. I had to call into shaw, 30 minutes on the phone, buggers. They did something on their end and walla! I had the net again. So, thats why you didnt get a response from me.. but yes I did get it. Thanks!

Bodyworlds was ok.. but I only stayed interested in half of it, I started to get a little bit bored, as it reminded me of Bi 12. I then started getting angry at all the people pushing and shoving as it was crowded.. then all the kids running around playing tag and screaming made me rush through the rest of it. To me, bringing your young children at 7 pm at night to an exhibit like this is a little bit much. But to be fair, one young boy seemed to be getting more out of it then I did, I got more interest in watching his reactions then listening to the audio tour thingy I rented.

It took my buddy over an hour to get from right by my place to his place along 6th ave there in New West, it usually takes 20 min to half hour. He called and told me the same thing, the cops had blocked some of the streets. After he parked his car, he went back out and tried throwing snowballs at some of them in their cars.. One of them started to give chase so he went home. LOL.

purelife

LOL about the snowball thing.  Ok, good.  You've got my message.  I really didn't feel like typing again and you know what I mean.

I was going to visit BodyWorlds but had the feeling that I wouldn't enjoy it as much.  For some odd reason, I have a feeling that I've seen them before they went to Science World.  I just can't remember where I've seen them.  That was why I wasn't interested.  I felt that I've seen them before and actually touched it.  Weird, huh?  

Yeah, I don't know why parents take young kids to these things at night or to any other events.  I can understand if it's like the Stanley Park 'xmas train/lights and the fireworks because of the time (only at night) but Bodyworlds is open during the days too.  Oh well.  Kids are always most hyper and cranky at around that time which usually means that they are extremely tired.  

Funny, again, when I stepped into downtown this morning, there was no sight of snow.  OMG!  LOL!    

Lise

Morning purelife and Russ. Lovely day today despite freezing temperature. I might take Lise Jr. out so she can play in the snow. Nothing like watching your kid play and have fun.

Bodyworlds wasn't that interesting, eh? I thought of going but my husband isn't too interested in going. Maybe we'll skip it this time. I doubt I can drag Lise Jr. to go as well. Might give her nightmares.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

Morning miss Lise!

I think you yourself might be very interested. Dont get me wrong it was VERY intersting, they showed real cutouts of lungs with cancer emphysema and other things like heart cancer, hip joints that have been replaced.

For me alot of it has to do with I got out of the more body science thing and got more into chemical and mechanical science. I also didnt get alot of what was being showed, as I had forgotten most of it, and as such I was going through at a faster pace and slowing at exhibits that interested me. I got a little frustrated then because of all the people pushing and shoving to see the exhibits, one instance two people just shoved right by me almost knocking me into one of the displays.

My mother for example went through and took the whole three hour limit plus more and got kicked out at 10pm (it was closing). She didnt see the whole exhibit. My dad went with her and got bored halfway through.. but stayed or she would have killed him. She used to be a nurse at VGH for years.

Go with someone that you think would like it as well. DONT take a child that will scream, cry, or run about. Its not really the place for kids, as like what you said, it might give Lise jr nightmares. Its also pretty crowded so a stroller would be a real hassle.

But my recommendation IS go. Even if you dont get all of it, it is interesting. This was just my experience.

Ally

We have snow in Seattle!  I have about an inch where I live......how much is up there?  

I'm trapped today!  Hubby took the SUV to work ....although I see that my neighbour is trapped as well so maybe she'll want to come over for some tea!

How is everybody today?  

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)

Ally

Oh my gosh....I loved the bodies exhibit.  Hubby and I weren't planning on going, but we got free tickets and didn't want to waste them.  We were both really glad that we went.
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)

Russ

Morning Ally,

I would guesstimate about 6 inch? depends around where I guess. Its not so much the snow as it kinda melted last night, then FROZE SOLID overnight, making it a nightmare to drive in.

Its supposed to get to a high of negaive one degree celcius for the next few days and lows of negative seven to ten at nights.

purelife

What's on the menu for lunch today people?

I haven't decided on what to get yet.  

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

|