So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Russ

Well, Im wondering waht should be the plan for din din. Whats all the rest of you having?

I will admit, last night dinner got delayed cause I ended up at Ikea with my gf. After not spending alot of money there on really cool stuff that we didnt need, we ended up driving around until we settled on Red Robbins, lol.

And I must say, the honey mustard is NOT a burger! I knew I didnt recognise it! Its CHICKEN so its not a real burger!

I had the Royal Red Robin burger with an extra patty.. and suffered the rest of the night cause of it, lol.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

kitten

Haven't decided on supper, but for lunch I had perogies, for the first time in years.  They were terrific with sour cream and soya bacon bits.  I think the soya imitation bacon bits taste better than the real thing.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

purelife

There's such a thing as soya bacon bits?  I've never heard or seen those.  And better than the real thing?  I'll have to try it some time.  Mmm....perogies with sour cream and bacon bits.  Yummy.

I haven't decided on dinner yet either.  I'm thinking about making chicken soup or just baking some chicken and stirfry brocolli and onions for dinner.

Ikea is awesome!

Russ

Perogies are one of my favs! Unfortunatley I dont have anymore in the freezer...

I found one of the best places to get perogies, cabbage rolls, and other tasty goodies is M&M meats. They have some great ideas and foods. The kebobs arent worth it though.

Ever been to windsor meats on king edward and main, right beside helens grill and the grind? They have the best cuts of meat I have ever seen/ had. Last week a group of us got a 16 pound baron of beef. Incredible cut of meat.  

kitten

I don't know where else they can be found, but I get the bits at Red Apple on Hastings street.  It's a big produce market just east of Gilmore.

purelife

Nope, never been to Windsor Meats.  I'm rarely around that area.  I wish that I was around more private butcher stores because they generally sell better quality of meats compared to Superstore/SaveOns type of big box stores.  :(

I had the buffalo chicken from M&M meats.  Not bad... too spicey for me though.  HAWT!  Isn't it too pricey over at M&M?

kitten

A new M&M just opened a block from where I live, but I haven't gone in yet.  Occasionally flyers come around advertising their specials, so when I get one I'll go check it out.

Russ

It is more expensive for certain things at M&M's. The wings and others are overpriced...

But things like the perogies and cabbage rolls, while more expensive, are WORTH it. For the taste and filling in them you couldnt make them yourself for that.  

purelife

Do they make their perogies in whole wheat flour?  probably not, heh?  I wish they did, then, I'd buy more perogies.

I'll try their cabbage rolls if I'm around M&M next time.  :)

Have you ever had Cob's bread?

kitten

Cob's bread is good, but it seems quite pricey to me.  I go in sometimes for a treat, but certainly not every day.

purelife

That's true.  I only go there for treats, too.

Okay.  Gotta go guys.  If I'm not around this evening, I'll wish you two a good evening and an enjoyable dinner.      

Russ

you too PL, have a good night.

who's cobs bread? <off to google>

kitten

Good night, purelife.  Enjoy your dinner, too.

kitten

There's a Cob's bakery at Kensington Mall  (Kensington and Hastings).  They do have good bread.

Russ

I assume this is what you are speaking of?

[A href="http://www.cobsbread.com/"]http://www.cobsbread.com/[/A]

EDIT: Drat! you are too quick

|