So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Russ

Yes, for shopping and other things..

Walmart wasnt crowded? Which one did you go to? I was at the one in new west the other night and it was packed!

It was packed at oakridge last night as well.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

Yeah, the one in New West is packed!  

I went to the one in Lougheed Mall.  That mall is great because it's not as packed as Metrotown is.  It was pretty empty, quite surprisingly.  

Russ

I honestly didnt think that would be the case there.. hmm thanks for the info.

Im afraid to go there though, lol. I went looking for xmas presents and noticed they were selling alot of camping stuff at 1/4 price that it is normally. so I spent my wallmart xmas present budget on camping equipment. My gf was thrilled at my choices, lol.

purelife

LOL, yeah Walmart is just fantastic.

I used to work in Lougheed Mall before the renovations, in a store that doesn't exist  anymore.  (no, it wasn't a sex shop~I know what y'all are thinking).  That mall and I have plenty of memories compared to any other malls.

Do you feel that with any malls, Russ?    

Russ

I guess I have that feeling with Champlain mall, although I havent been there in a long time.

I usually dont go to malls if I can at all help it. I havent been in metrotown in along time. Been to chapters yes, but not any stores in teh mall.

purelife

Where's Champlain Mall?  

Yeah, Metrotown is just crazy.  I only go there if I absolutely NEED something that I couldn't get anywhere else.  ie.  I need Superstore when I order pictures and for groceries.  

Russ

[A href="http://www.vancouvermalls.com/mallsfrm.htm"]http://www.vancouvermalls.com/mallsfrm.htm[/A]

[FONT size=2](Champlain Mall) [/FONT]

[FONT size=2]3200 East 54th Avenue along Kerr.[/FONT]

Lise

Morning all.

Champlain mall? Where the heck is that? Is that in Burnaby somewhere? OIC.... I gotta click on the link. EDIT: Oops. Just noticed the address you posted there, Russ.

Walmart. I love this store too. Is the New West that busy? Oh my. I love going to that location but am avoiding that place because I just know it's gonna get crazy. I hate the parking there.

Is it me or everyone from the whole of Canada decided to come to Metrotown? Insanity!!! Grrrr. I'll tell you guys a secret to the whole parking scheme. There's a good parking spot on the 3rd level of the mall, close to where the foodcourt is located. It's always nearly empty though I daresay more and more folks are discovering this. When it gets that busy, you can always opt to park on top of Save-On Foods then walk across.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Ally

Good Morning Purelife and Russ!

I hear you on Lougheed Mall.  It has a good feel to it.  Northgate Mall here in Seattle is a lot like Lougheed.

I need to go make my pot of Timmy's.  Little person is still sleeping and I know that that's not going to last.

Oh it's sunny today..I think I may go to the zoo!      
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)

Ally

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)

Lise

Heya Ally,

Is it sunny where you are? Wow. Are you talking about the Zoo in Seattle? I've heard good stuff about it. If one is to take the kids there, how long do you think we need? A couple of hours? Any restaurants inside?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Zoo you say?  Oh fun!  

I've never heard of Champlain Mall.  Is it a smaller mall?  Geesh, I thought that I had visited all the malls in Vancouver.  I guess not.  LOL.

LISE and ALLY!  HI HI HI!  

Lise

I love malls! Are we girly girls, purelife, if we say we love malls? Hehe. I just love browsing through every item and shelves, just for the fun of it.

I adore Winners. Good stuff there although you gotta be careful about the items there. eg. minor imperfection.
Bill Cosby.

Ally

Hey hey!

It is sunny in Seattle this morning!  From the spot where I am I can see only blue sky.  I'm facing south looking out a north facing window.  

Woodland Park Zoo.  Great zoo.  I would say the 2-3 hours would be more than adequate to see the zoo.  They have lions, and tigers, and bears,

oh my

elephants, various types of monkeys and chimps, giraffe's, and a few other interesting animals, lizards, kimoto dragon etc.  

I would say that if you left Vancouver at 8am and took your time getting down here(which you have to with kids ..pee breaks etc) you would be here by 12-1pm and have perfect time to enjoy the zoo.  It's sort of sad though the captivity.  

Champlain Mall is in East Van(good part).  I think that it's on E.54th.  Right by my inlaws.    

Lise

Wow. Sounds like fun, Ally. I bet Lise Jr. would love to go there one day. Thanks for the tip. We might spend one night in Seattle one of these days. Check out the zoo and, of course, the outlets.
Bill Cosby.

|