So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

Yuppers.  spinach with feta cheese and I think onions and cottage cheese wrapped in phyllo pastry.  Greek is so yummy.

Speaking of Greek, have you ever dined at Stepho's.  They have excellent food there for cheap.

Russ

No, cant say I have. My little brain remembers you mentioning this place in the food thread. Where is this place again?    
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

It's on Davie, a few blocks west on Burrard.  Best time to be there to avoid lineups is around 3pm.  If you're there at 6, you're waiting in line for more than an hour.

Russ

ok, I just searched the first 20 pages and I cant find that good eats thread or whatever it was. do you know where it is?

The greek place I go to is in New West along columbia overlooking the river.

purelife

Oh, I know that greek place.  I haven't dine there yet.  (gosh, I just live around there.)  I've seen the menu and it's too expensive for me.  How was the food?

EDIT:  I bumped that Good Eats thread just for you. ;)  

Russ

Blast it! How did you find it? I must have missed it, I searched TWENTY pages. LOL.

Its a little more expensive yes, but its worth it. Great view of the river, and the food is great! Get the multiplatter to share. You will be full and have lunch for the next day! We did that and a bottle of wine. Was about 90 bucks or something like that.

Lise

Love your avatar, Russ. What the heck is it? A dancing potato?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

I think it's a cat with a hula-hoop.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lise

A cat? Hm. I think I'll need a magnifying glass next time.

Been reading up on the last few posts. Man, is it me or is DS getting a bit more busy this time? I bet TB will be happy. *wondering how he is in Cambodia*

What's up with you, Gophie?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

What's up with me? Oh not so much, just feeling gently triumphant that  a) after tomorrow I'm off for two days and b) I've only got one more present to buy and then I've done the lot.

Incidentally, whatever it is, it looks as though it's got a cat's ears, but I can't see a tail . Could be a Manx cat?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lise

I'm nearly done with shopping too. Also have two more presents to get. Wrapped up everything and put under the Christmas tree. Now if I can just stop Lise Jr. from getting her hands on the presents......

A Manx cat? Hm. Could be. Trying to see harder. No tail in sight. Is the cat holding a cane? Regardless, it's a cute kitty.

Man...... we're all about the catz nowadays. *furry smiley*
Bill Cosby.

tenkani

[span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(191, 95, 0);"]Furries R Hawt.[/span]

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Russ

Hey all, have I mentioned I hate going downtown driving yet?

<rant on>

Cause I do. It took me TWO HOURS to get downtown and park, I passed by where I wanted to go within 20 minutes of when I left home, then all the accidents and construction and one way blasted streets turned it into a circus. I dont care about how much it cost, but having a 2 hour limit on the meter was frustrating, it didnt help I forgot where I parked. Finally got to where I had to be, and they went on lunch and locked the door, so I couldnt even get the papers to start prefilling out the renewal forms. I handed them in finally after getting in, and had to go back two hours later, and it wasnt ready! Then to top it all off, a guy had parked in front of me too close to get out, not to worry cause behind me was no parking so I could get out right? Wrong! A blasted Vancouvers Finest parked behind me so I couldnt get out! I waited for forty five minutes stewing, and a note about this to everyone reading this, when the cop shows back up, dont call him an idiot.

<rant off>

The only highlight was I got to walk all of Robson from Burrard to Denman and back watching all the eyecandy. I had Sushi at the place a little ways in from Burrard along Robson. I dont know the name but it was pretty good... The guy doing the chopping and preparing behind the counter would stop talking to me though, too nice.

So how was everyone elses day so far?

EDIT: Hey all, yes its a pussy cat.. dancing, with glowsticks in its paws. No I dont know what type it is. I got it cause everyone else has cats in their avaters it seems.. except for gopher whos a leprechaun, lise's who scares me by glaring at me with a weapon, and purelifes self portait.

purelife

Oh bummer Russ.  Yeah, driving around downtown (AND RICHMOND - way worse than Downtown) is TERRIBLE.  I, as a pedestrian, always see some sort of chaos and I can't imagine driving during the day in downtown (and Richmond).  

Oooo...I like eyecandy too.  ;)

Lise

Hm. Yes. Don't call the cop an idiot. You're not going to make the situation any better.

Downtown was awful on Monday night. Hubby took an extra hour or so to reach home due to power failure. Took him 20 mins just to exit his own parking lot.
Bill Cosby.

|