So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Russ

I went camping to the hot springs again this past weekend. Took my own Toy this time.. great times! Had a few problems, I got stuck after a HUGE puddle, and one of my buddies slid into a bridge over a river cause of the snow. He tore a tranny cooling line and lost his oil, I had to make a 5 hour run into town and back to get some new line and oil.

Exams arent happening until Jan for me. I didnt get a verification letter from my company for my sea time so I couldnt get it approved... I got the letter today and Ill take it in tomorrow.

Oh yeah! I lost my lisence plate off the rear of my truck. I took the front one and put it in the back so it looked like I had one.. but how do I go about getting a new one. Do I just walk into an insurance place and say gimme gimme gimme? What do I have to pay? Will I have to get a new set of plates?    
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

Hey Ally

I haven't seen the Click yet but will watch it soon as my b/f brought that movie and Take the Lead yesterday.  He said that movie was really good.  I'm not an Adam Sandlers fan but I'll take his word for it.  

Hey Russ

Hmmm, I think that there'll be a charge.  My friend once got her licence plate stolen (she lives in Surrey) and she reported it but am not too sure if she paid for new licence.  Camping at Harrison's again, huh?  Must be the new makeout point that I'm not aware of.  

Ally

Hey Russ

It's really simple to get new plates.  I used to do it once a year because I was a parking ticket monger and changing my plates once a year kept me from being towed by impark, city of vancouver, and many other parking companies that hate me.  

I no longer get them though because if they come in the mail my husband won't be too happy so I keep a container of change under my seat and use my credit card on the ones that I can.

New plates: $18 plus about 5 minutes of time to screw off and on.  Just go into any Autoplan place.

I don't know what new plates cost in Seattle.  I still have BC plates.
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)

Ally

Hi Purelife!!   Watch Click!!  You'll love it!  

I know what you mean though.  Adam Sandler and deep meaning?  Come again?  
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)

purelife

LOL...he was quite good at that movie "Spanglish."  Have you seen it?

Russ

Afternoon Ally,

I saw 'click', I thought it was ok.

You were up in Van? I thought you were from here? Yeah, most of the snow for us is gone now, or where I am anyhow.

Heres where I was anyhow:

[A href="http://local.live.com/default.aspx?wip=2&v=2&style=r&rtp=~&&cp=49.7666666666~-122.2000000000&lvl=11&sp=aN.49.7666666666_-122.2000000000_Sloquet%20Creek%20Hot%20Springs&msnurl=map.aspx?C%3d49.7666666666%2c-122.2000000000%26A%3d35.83333%26P%3d%7c49.7666666666%2c-122.2000000000%7c1%7cSloquet+Creek+Hot+Springs%7cL1%7c%26redirect%3dfalse&msnculture=en-US"]http://local.live.com/default.aspx?wip=2&v=2&style=r&rtp=~&&cp=49.7666666666~-122.2000000000&lvl=11&sp=aN.49.7666666666_-122.2000000000_Sloquet%20Creek%20Hot%20Springs&msnurl=map.aspx?C%3d49.7666666666%2c-122.2000000000%26A%3d35.83333%26P%3d%7c49.7666666666%2c-122.2000000000%7c1%7cSloquet+Creek+Hot+Springs%7cL1%7c%26redirect%3dfalse&msnculture=en-US[/A]

We went in past Pemberton (more top left of the screen) and came out just before Harrison along Lougheed Highway at the Sasquatch Inn. Theres two other hotsprings in there. Skookumchuck or St Agnes, and Clear Creek.

EDIT: Thanks Ally, I thought it was like that. I knew new plates were something like 18, wasnt sure I would have to get a new set though.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Ally

He was!  I did see it.  Tea Leoni and Penelope Cruz.  Right?  Often movies that we watch are on a Friday night with a bottle of wine.  Makes for fuzzy memories.  Although now that I'm breastfeeding I no longer drink wine on Friday nights which makes for better memories of movies!

I have to say though that I loved the Notebook.  The book was better though.  That's always the case though.  

Ally

Nope I live in Seattle.  So I really belong on this forum!  

I am a Vancouverite at heart though.  I've only been living in Seattle since the summer and can't wait to move back.

purelife

Yeah, that Spanglish was pretty good, better than I had thought.  I'm actually reading the Notebook book.  I just started today.  Books are always better than the movie.    

Lise

Bummer about the license plate, Russ. Yep.

Don't really like Adam Sandler that much. I don't know. What is it about him that bugs me? I did enjoy 50 First Dates (or something like that) with him and Drew Barrymore but that's because I like Ms. Barrymore.

Gotta run. Damn life keeps interupting my time on DS.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Sorry about changing subjects here but I heard that the governemt is planning to give $1,000 non-taxable money early next year to us.  It doesn't sound real at all but I've heard if from a few people but have no luck in verifying this with some sort of article.

Ally

Really?  Do you have a link?  

purelife

Nope, no link.  I just heard it from two guys and I always want to see some sort of proof.  Ah well, I'll believe it when I'm cashing out the cheque.

Thread Cop

Hello, how is everyone doing??

"Re: So...  Whats for lunch?"
Today, I had Chicken Soup, Pasta with meat sauce, Orange juice and an apple.

Ya'll have a great rest of the day... Bye...

tenkani

Hiya TC, PL, Lise, Ally.
Sauteed ginger on rice with chicken at a thai restaurant. The chicken was tasty but just a tad dry. And I ordered thai tea which never showed up. Still, it's hard to go wrong when you go thai.

I hope you guys all find a little love in the world today and treasure it.

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

|