So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

tenkani

Good morning DS crew. Happy Monday.
We're going out to lunch today because one of our beloved office-mates is moving to another room and we are giving him a going away party. It sounds like people want Chinese so I'm guessing we'll go to a local Chinese place, which is fine by me (although I prefer Thai food).

I hope you all had a fantabulous weekend!

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

purelife

Butterfly Effect 1 was really good.  Lake House is romantic.  I think you and your girl would enjoy it.  It's an interesting concept.  

kingy

lake house was weird. it didnt make sense.

purelife

Yeah, I didn't get it either.  Not my kind of mushy movie.  

Lise

Afternoon all.

Lunch. Don't know. I guess I'll have to raid the fridge and hope I can come up with something. Sometimes I wish I was a chef that I can put four ingredients together and present a gourmet meal.

Butterfly Effect was not too bad. Kinda weird. Haven't watched the Lake House. Am not really interested in mushy romantic movies.

I did watch Mission Impossible III. Not too bad considering I hate Tom Cruise's guts. Also watched The Man with Eugene Levy. Gawd, that was bad.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

Hi, Lisebabe, it's a long time since we've synchronised!  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

purelife

Have you ever watched The Notebook Lise?    

Lise

Hey guys, it's good to see Gopher and purelife. I keep running back and fro tending to the family.

Nope. Haven't seen the Notebook? Have you, purelife? I'm not really into romantic stuff. More action.

Oh yeah. Forgot. I also watched Cassanova. Not too bad. Heath Ledger is a pretty boy.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

I have and it's my favorite romantic movie, even the guys were raving about this movie.  I don't usually like chick flicks/mushy stuff but this movie is so clever, so original, so sad and SO EXCELLENT with the story that I know that you would love it as well Lise.  Try it some time.  

Lise

Maybe I will, one day, purelife. Thanks for nominating the movie.

I don't understand Rogers No Fee policy. Does this mean I get to keep the movies forever? You're not penalized for getting your DVDs in late. Do they charge you if you keep the DVDs for more than a week? I know Blockbuster does it.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

I think that you have a one-two week leeway to return it.  If you don't return it, you own it and Rogers/Blockbuster will bill you.  Something like that.

Lise

Hm. Thanks for clearing that up with me. I asked the clerk about the No Fee policy and she said there was no condition attached to that. What a noob.

Monday, Monday. What a gloomy day. Rain for the next couple of days. Yeah..... still better than snow.

What's everyone's plans for this weekend? I'm going to do some last minute Christmas shopping. Yikes.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

For blockbuster after one week you pay a restocking fee, after 30 days its yours. If you return it, they will take it back but charge you 50% to restock it.

Mornin Lise and purelife
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

Top of the morning to ya, Russ. Long time not see. Where have you been? How's exams?
Bill Cosby.

Ally

Hey everybody!

How was the weekend?  

I came up to Vancouver over the weekend and I can't believe that there's still snow up there!  Crazy!  

It's raining today in Seattle.  What's it doing up there?

I saw the moving Click over the weekend.  Adam Sandler.  Started out being the typical funny light hearted movie but really really deepened and actually had a lot of meaning.  My husband now is saying that it's "affected him".  lol!  

Anyone seen it?
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)

|