So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

JJ

Congrats on your bundle of joy, purelife!

P.C.

Me too purelife.  I'm so so happy for you. [img border=0 src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/smileys/Happy/3.gif"]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Update on baby please, purelife!  (when you get a moment)

Rough week here.

Dealing with some personal issues.

Jeckyl had 2 teeth removed.

Finished 3rd quarter for my own company.

*Almost* finished 3rd quarter for my job.

But...I'm heading outdoors all day for a bottle drive, so that will be a welcome break from the madness.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

Same Lil Me. I survived the week of hell somehow.

I did my monthly drive to Ferndale and then on to Seattle for 'finding clothes so I do not freeze to death' routine. So far I've been extremely lucky on these drives with the weather.

I'm glad Eddie Bauer found a buyer in bankruptcy or nothing would ever fit me.

Now with the clothes out of the way I can go to 'Seattle' on my monthly trips to Walgreens.

For shits and giggles I went to a Boston Pizza or "Boston Gourmet Pizza's" in Bellingham, the menu is cheaper but it still tastes the same.

Keeping tabs on the border... The American border guard conversation lasted 30sec this week while the Canadian guard from Newfoundland hadn't heard of my medication. Good times.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

Just baked some squash! Looks sweet!

Impressed with myself.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Isis

Glad to see my log in still works!!

Was having a flash back and thought I would take a walk down memory lane and see if the lunch crew was still kicking it!  OMG and here you guys are!

Ok...so I had a spicy chicken sub for lunch...there, I said it..

And congrats to Purelife on the little bundle of joy!!!!  Woot!

*sighs* oh how I missed you lunch thread!

ok...taking any and all questions......

now!    
If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please", then I'll say "no" because its shorter than "Yes"

purelife

Thanks guys for all your congrats!  Hi Isis.  Did you know that tenkani named his dog after you?  (for real)  

We're going through some tough times right now.  Exactly a week after baby was born, an immediate family member on MrPL's side died.     He is devastated and we're just taking it day by day right now.

Baby is doing great.  He has regained his birth weight.  He's feeding well and sleeping ok too.  I try to get some sleep but can be hard when I like to get things done and have other things on my mind.  Him and I go for walks almost everyday.  I'm already down to my pre-pregnancy weight.  Yay for that!

Isis

Oh wow...how horrible to loose someone close to you and Mr.PL.  My deepest condolences to you both and your family.

I'm gald to hear that you and the baby are doing well and that you have *chokes* lost weight and the baby has re-gained weight.  I should say the following in order....

1. Congrats on getting married

2. Congrats on having a baby

3. Shame on me for neglecting DS...and my wonderful friends

Can you ever forgive me?  

Nice to hear that you are out and about on daily walks...good way to keep/get in shape after having a kid.

I almost choked for real when you said tenkani named his dog after me...lol...oh I miss that guy! *cries* I haven't had a good *SPROOOOOING* in a long time!

Is he ever on these days?
If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please", then I'll say "no" because its shorter than "Yes"

Orik

Hello Isis tenkani has not been seen by me in forever and a bit and welcome back Isis...

Mrs. PL congrats on gaining your pre-pregnancy weight back.. and you did it do so fast to.. please do not starve yourself... a little bit of mommy fat is ok... I am happy to hear baby PL is gaining weight. Deepest condolocences to Mr PL and to you on losing a family member hugs to you both...

Blessings be in all things today tomorrow and always

Ola to every one else lunch was burger kings chicken classic sandwitch with tomatoes..

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

P.C.

Good job Miss purelife !  That was super quick in getting your pre-shape back !!!!

Glad to hear baby purelife is doing well.

Sympathies to Mr. purelife....it's never easy.

Isis

Is it wrong to have an itch to troll?

Gopher

No. Just depends what you do with it.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Isis

Hmmm, I would consider it destructive trolling....so maybe I should put some cream on that itch for now.  

P.C.

Orik

sorry Isis, that's not a itch to troll you are feeling. What you are actually feeling is a fungus and it needs a proper ointment applied to kill it, your Slow cream ! will not cut, the mustard this time.. don't mind that smell it is just a bad egg . For some reason I am hungry

lets see what do u need

2 kinds of fungus
snails
mouseturd
cream
butter
garlic
eggs
cheese
grapefruit
and
french bread

lets start with fungus and snails

1 package of Shiitake Mushrooms ( approximately 4 ounces worth
 6 cups lightly-packed trimmed spinach leaves in bite-sized pieces
 1 cup chopped tomatoes
 1/4 cup grapefruit juice
 1/4 cup vegetable oil
 1/2 teaspoon Dijon-style prepared mustard
 1/4 teaspoon salt
 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper[/p]  Trim stem ends of Shiitake Mushrooms; cut mushrooms into thin slices, through the caps and stems. In a large serving bowl place mushrooms, spinach and tomatoes; set aside. In a small bowl whisk together grapefruit juice, oil, mustard, salt and pepper. Just before serving pour over vegetables, tossing gently.[/p]
[/p]snails escargot french bread sour cream

6-12 tablespoons sour cream
10-12 mushrooms, white, fat, finely chopped
2 small onions, finely chopped
14 ounces escargot (canned, undrained, 400g)
4 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
4 tablespoons chervil, finely chopped (optional)
4 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
4 teaspoons garlic, finely chopped (or to taste, but use a lot)
2 tablespoon butter
hefty pinch of coarse sea salt
2 - 4 teaspoon's of coarse black pepper

Directions

Put the sour cream, finely chopped mushrooms and finely chopped small onion in a pot. Heat on high until it starts bubbling making sure to stir well and often. Now that it has started to bubble nicely, turn the heat down and let it simmer (remember to keep stirring) for about 10 minutes,

Now your onion is soft, the mushrooms are cooked, and the cream sauce is reduced. it is time for the next parts to be added, open the can of escargots those are snails in case you didn't know.  rinse the snails in a sieve, give them a shake to dry them a bit, Now add the snails, herbs, garlic, butter, salt and pepper to the pot.

Stir thoroughly and simmer for about 2 - 4 minutes more until the escargot / snails are heated through.

serve in small bowls with a nice hot crusty French bread

OMELETS [/p]                   Fill omelets with West Coast Smoked Oysters, sautéed sliced
                   mushrooms, peppers, onions and tasty cheese.

[p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]Basic Plain French Omelet [/p] [table class="MsoTableGrid" style="border-collapse: collapse;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"] [tbody] [tr style=""] [td style="border: medium none rgb(212, 208, 200); padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 6.15in; background-color: transparent;" colspan="3" width="590" valign="top"] [p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]Ingredients[/p] [/td] [/tr] [tr style=""] [td style="border: medium none rgb(212, 208, 200); padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 32.1pt; background-color: transparent;" width="43" valign="top"] [p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]2[/p] [/td] [td style="border: medium none rgb(212, 208, 200); padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 34.8pt; background-color: transparent;" width="46" valign="top"] [p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]Each[/p] [/td] [td style="border: medium none rgb(212, 208, 200); padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 375.9pt; background-color: transparent;" width="501" valign="top"] [p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]Eggs, large[/p] [/td] [/tr] [tr style=""] [td style="border: medium none rgb(212, 208, 200); padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 32.1pt; background-color: transparent;" width="43" valign="top"] [p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]1[/p] [/td] [td style="border: medium none rgb(212, 208, 200); padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 34.8pt; background-color: transparent;" width="46" valign="top"] [p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]Tbsp[/p] [/td] [td style="border: medium none rgb(212, 208, 200); padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 375.9pt; background-color: transparent;" width="501" valign="top"] [p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]Water, cool[/p] [/td] [/tr] [tr style=""] [td style="border: medium none rgb(212, 208, 200); padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 32.1pt; background-color: transparent;" width="43" valign="top"] [p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]¼[/p] [/td] [td style="border: medium none rgb(212, 208, 200); padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 34.8pt; background-color: transparent;" width="46" valign="top"] [p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]Tsp[/p] [/td] [td style="border: medium none rgb(212, 208, 200); padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 375.9pt; background-color: transparent;" width="501" valign="top"] [p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]Salt[/p] [/td] [/tr] [tr style=""] [td style="border: medium none rgb(212, 208, 200); padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 32.1pt; background-color: transparent;" width="43" valign="top"] [p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]¼[/p] [/td] [td style="border: medium none rgb(212, 208, 200); padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 34.8pt; background-color: transparent;" width="46" valign="top"] [p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]Tsp[/p] [/td] [td style="border: medium none rgb(212, 208, 200); padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 375.9pt; background-color: transparent;" width="501" valign="top"] [p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]Black pepper, cracked[/p] [/td] [/tr] [tr style=""] [td style="border: medium none rgb(212, 208, 200); padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 32.1pt; background-color: transparent;" width="43" valign="top"] [p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]1[/p] [/td] [td style="border: medium none rgb(212, 208, 200); padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 34.8pt; background-color: transparent;" width="46" valign="top"] [p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]Tsp[/p] [/td] [td style="border: medium none rgb(212, 208, 200); padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 375.9pt; background-color: transparent;" width="501" valign="top"] [p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]Parsley flakes[/p] [/td] [/tr] [tr style=""] [td style="border: medium none rgb(212, 208, 200); padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 32.1pt; background-color: transparent;" width="43" valign="top"] [p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]½[/p] [/td] [td style="border: medium none rgb(212, 208, 200); padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 34.8pt; background-color: transparent;" width="46" valign="top"] [p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]Tbsp[/p] [/td] [td style="border: medium none rgb(212, 208, 200); padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 375.9pt; background-color: transparent;" width="501" valign="top"] [p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]Butter[/p] [p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"] [/p] [/td] [/tr] [/tbody] [/table]   [table class="MsoTableGrid" style="border-collapse: collapse;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"][tbody][tr style=""] [td style="border: medium none rgb(212, 208, 200); padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 6.15in; background-color: transparent;" colspan="2" width="590" valign="top"] [p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]Procedure Steps[/p] [/td] [/tr] [tr style=""] [td style="border: medium none rgb(212, 208, 200); padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 23.4pt; background-color: transparent;" width="31" valign="top"] [p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]1.[/p] [/td] [td style="border: medium none rgb(212, 208, 200); padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 419.4pt; background-color: transparent;" width="559" valign="top"] [p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]Crack the eggs into a small bowl and add the water, salt, pepper and parsley[/p] [/td] [/tr] [tr style=""] [td style="border: medium none rgb(212, 208, 200); padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 23.4pt; background-color: transparent;" width="31" valign="top"] [p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]2.[/p] [/td] [td style="border: medium none rgb(212, 208, 200); padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 419.4pt; background-color: transparent;" width="559" valign="top"] [p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]With a fork or wire whisk gently fold the ingredients together but do not over mix[/p] [/td] [/tr] [tr style=""] [td style="border: medium none rgb(212, 208, 200); padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 23.4pt; background-color: transparent;" width="31" valign="top"] [p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]3.[/p] [/td] [td style="border: medium none rgb(212, 208, 200); padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 419.4pt; background-color: transparent;" width="559" valign="top"] [p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]Heat a 6" sauté or omelet pan until very hot then add the butter to melt[/p] [/td] [/tr] [tr style=""] [td style="border: medium none rgb(212, 208, 200); padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 23.4pt; background-color: transparent;" width="31" valign="top"] [p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]4.[/p] [/td] [td style="border: medium none rgb(212, 208, 200); padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 419.4pt; background-color: transparent;" width="559" valign="top"] [p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]Pour in the omelet egg mixture and using a rubber spatula gently fold the cooked edges of the egg over and under without scrambling[/p] [/td] [/tr] [tr style=""] [td style="border: medium none rgb(212, 208, 200); padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 23.4pt; background-color: transparent;" width="31" valign="top"] [p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]5.[/p] [/td] [td style="border: medium none rgb(212, 208, 200); padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 419.4pt; background-color: transparent;" width="559" valign="top"] [p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]When the omelet is about 80% set up flip it over and then add your filling of choice[/p] [/td] [/tr] [tr style=""] [td style="border: medium none rgb(212, 208, 200); padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 23.4pt; background-color: transparent;" width="31" valign="top"] [p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]6.[/p] [/td] [td style="border: medium none rgb(212, 208, 200); padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 419.4pt; background-color: transparent;" width="559" valign="top"] [p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]If you want to have a filling ingredient such as cheese this is when you add it to the omelet[/p] [/td] [/tr] [tr style=""] [td style="border: medium none rgb(212, 208, 200); padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 23.4pt; background-color: transparent;" width="31" valign="top"] [p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]7.[/p] [/td] [td style="border: medium none rgb(212, 208, 200); padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 419.4pt; background-color: transparent;" width="559" valign="top"] [p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]Once the omelet is set and cooked turn it onto the serving plate with what is known as the tri-fold procedure. A tri-fold is where the top edge of the omelet will turn onto itself and inside and curl under.[/p] [/td] [/tr] [tr style=""] [td style="border: medium none rgb(212, 208, 200); padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 23.4pt; background-color: transparent;" width="31" valign="top"] [p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]8.[/p] [/td] [td style="border: medium none rgb(212, 208, 200); padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 419.4pt; background-color: transparent;" width="559" valign="top"] [p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]Top with more cheese or sauce of choice[/p][/td][/tr][/tbody][/table]
and that will cure most hunger itches s =D

enjoy

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

|