So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

Sorry for the confusion.
My friends rather go to a place where they aren't forced to have to learn another language. I find that the fun part. lol
Oh I'd understand all the accents, once you're used to being around any accent you're acquainted to all it seems. At least that is the case for me as growing up around Germans and southerners from the woods did me wonders.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

Theres so many different accents and dialects SD its not even funny wherever you go. I am still of the firm belief that the UK is the worst, go just outside of Aberdeen or Glasgow and its almost an entirely different accent. Its incredible.

Good morning Fellow DS'ers! Whats new and exciting in this wonderful world? Quite nice outside too.. and Im leaving in a few days Yaarghrk.

Im heading out to a spring place to get some centring bolts.. as I wasnt told I needed them origionally and I ended up having everything apart and.. needed these later last night when the stores were closed. Mr Murphy rearing his head again I tell ya.

Ended up going to Cactus Club for din din last night, then headed out to Riverport for a movie.. we watched Fast and the Furious 4. It was pretty good in my opinion, but missing some of the origional apeal behind the origional, at least it wasnt as bad as the second one.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

Seems like a short spell in this time Russ.  Was it shorter than normal ?

Make sure you take some pics of your project today.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

So soon, Russ?
 When will you be back?

Hey everyone.  Lovely weather out there.
 Having a good week?

Hamburger helper, salad and potato salad for dinner.  MrLM cooked.
 Add a glass of cider and a shot of jager.

I'm off to a meeting now.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

49er

Hi everyone........I've been avoiding DS because I'm worried catching the swine flu from the flying pig!

Sportsdude

Bam bam 49er we got you ;)

yeah, I'm going salsa dancing tonight with my posse of girls that follow me.

P.C.

Mmm.  Sounds good Lil Me.  Mind you....anything sounds good when someone else is cooking.

49er ....LOL  

This looks more like a mask for Russ....but you can have one too.

[img alt=[funny-surgical-mask-2.jpg] src="http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_33zMiBW5SuM/R0Grzi-DDiI/AAAAAAAAAiQ/qyVWOt12kq4/s1600/funny-surgical-mask-2.jpg" border=0]

Lise

That's definitely a Russ mask! lol.

Oh er, speaking of Glassglow, yes! I totally get you, Russ. We were on a tourist trip around Glassglow and I had a really hard time understanding the tour guide. I mean, I think he was speaking in English but on the whole, I found that the Scots were polite and extremely helpful. Definitely the place to go for a visit.

I've got hostas and peonies from my co-worker. Now I gotta find a place for them. PC, do you know anything about hostas? Like can they grow like crazy if I plant them out? Do they die in winter? Do I need to prune them every so often?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Hi Lise.....lucky girl getting hostas and peonies.  Both expensive plants that are pretty care free.

Hostas prefer a shaded area, with some sunshine, but make sure the sun they get isn't the middle of the day sun, which is too hot for them.  They will even do well in a large pot.  I love them, because they are pretty maintanance free and as I don't get much sun in here through the trees, I'm happey with anything that can grow in the shade....lol.  They tolerate drought and will 'mulitiply' each year. They like a little composted soil around them instead of fertilizer.  They don't need pruning and are fairly resistant to pests.

They die in the winter, and will come back a little bigger each year.  When it gets too big....dig it up....split into sections and replant the new sections. I just split mine all up last fall, and so far all but one of the new plantings have come up. Yeayyyy.  

Russ

49er wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]Hi everyone........I've been avoiding DS because I'm worried catching the swine flu from the flying pig![/div]
I had to laugh at this.. made my day thanks 49er.

Morning miss LM and PC... Yeah.. so soon Im going back. Im getting a little screwed on this one, and cant seem to get any satisfaction out of my company. I do have my resume out with others.. but didnt hear anything positive back until, lol, yesterday, far too late to swap to another company now. I would burn my bridges with this one.
Im not happy cause theres no internet again.. but hopefully this will be the last time for that.

Im sorry Lise.. but I cant see that pic.. it comes up as an incomplete link for me.

Well, changed the front leafs on my truck yesterday, loaded it up and cleaned out the garage REALLY well. Had a few people over drinking my keg beer so I conscripted them into helping. It was alot of fun actually, everyone went home with something useful.. like a can of brake clean or part from a mid 60's chevy brake booster. I tried to get my buddy to take this burnt out drill to put on his mantle but he declined for some obscure reason.

P.C.

You changed your leafs ?  Do I have leafs on my car that might need changing some day ?

Sportsdude

Morning. It took extreme will power to go back to bed at 8am when the jackhammer outside my window started up.

time to make an omelet.

Michel

Russ

P.C. wrote:
You changed your leafs ?  Do I have leafs on [strong style="font-style: italic;"]my[/b] car that might need changing some day ?

Er, kinda. Some vehicles have leaf springs and some have coil springs, depends on what vehicle you have. Most people dont have a vehicle long enough or use it enough to wear out the leaf springs or coils. I kinda use my toyota truck to the extreme when on the logging roads and 4x4ing so Im changing my worn out leafs after a year and a half or so. (translation beat the crap out of it as Starfishie put it).

Welcome back Michel! How was it going back to the great city of Montreal? Was it hard going through customs? (LOL)

Michel

|