So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

oh god those chinese rivalries, the ones I've been apart of get nasty for some reason. lol
I had one girl from Beijing explain to me in anthropology class that the Mandarin Chinese New Year was the correct way and that Cantonese are clueless and weird. Oh course I had to say you really don't like rice and spring rolls do you? lol haha

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

purelife wrote:
[em]Sportsdude wrote:
How bad is Downtown Eastside at around 9-10pm?[/em] [/p] Didn't you say before that you felt safe walking at DTES compared to the places you have been to in your neighborhood?    [/p]
[/p]yeah, I was at hastings and main at around 5ish last year. I told my friends that it wasn't that bad, then they start talking about going by there late at night and walk down some back alley (why would anyone walk in a back alley at night no matter where it was). They made it sound super dangerous, but still doesn't compare to some neighbourhoods I know where you can't walk across the street or you're likely to get shot, to neighbourhoods that are ruled by anarchy and people steal bricks from buildings. You just can't compare American inner cities, I'm sorry guys. lol[/p]The only part that's creepy is the fact that people are just standing there. Nobody hangs around outside in bad neighbourhoods at home, because of drive by frequencies and its just dangerous to be out at night. So the only hard part for me is getting used to walking by less then a few feet from a person who is completely lost. That's the tough part about DTES. Its not a physical emotion of 'wow this place looks like a war zone' (n. st. louis e. st. louis,) but it's an open air asylum, people just standing there.
[/p]
[/p]
[/p]
[/p]
[/p]
[/p]

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

purelife

made a wrap with smoked salmon, avocado, salmon cream cheese spread and fresh basil..... very yummeeee... first time making it with these ingredients.  

Just got back from Costco.  One of our co-workers doesn't have a card and she just LOVES Costco. :)

It's Me

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a010.gif" border=0]   It's me.....P.C......but I can't log in.  I haven't been able to get on DS since this morning.  Everywhere else....OK.   Anyone else having problems, or is it just me.  Again.    

Michel

P.C.

Jeeeeebus !

I guess it's my blasted computer.  Hub's laptop works ok.

What the H ?  Had this problem before, a long time ago.  The forever white page.

*I was going to tell you what you had for lunch here to prove my identity    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

Michel

purelife

I don't have that problem, PC. Have you tried clearing up your cache?  

P.C.

The strange thing is, is that it's ONLY DS.....same as it was before.  Just doesn't make any sense.  

P.C.

Oh yes, purelife.  Tried all the basics.  Even did a system restore......nothing makes it work.

Michel

purelife

Have you tried wine yet as suggested by Lil Me?

P.C.

lol purelife....that's next.   Ultimately I think a stick of dynamite should do the trick.

I think Sawdust DID install Mozilla, Michel.

|