So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

Morning everyone.

I can do the happy Friday dance with you Lise!!!  TGIF!

But now, I have this sore throat...started yesterday...better gear up on orange juice, ginger and garlic.

But tonight, I'm hanging out with 3 gals from work...for drinks!  WOOHOOOOOOO!  I need it.  

Plans for the weekend anyone?

P.C.

It's pretty good Russ.  Still won't give up the search.  Grinding beans for Sunday coffee is fine....but the daily grind......LOL ...... So THAT'S where that expression came from.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

That thing I'm going to at 7pm.
study
study
study
flag football game at 9pm on sunday against the frat boys and we're a coed team in a all male league. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

You are the master at talking in riddles. [img onclick="selecte('eh.gif');" alt=emoticon src="http://www.pushupstairs.com/images/emoticon/blehnet/eh.gif" border=0]

Lil Me

Morning!

SD- Nothing "bad" is going to happen to you at Main and Hastings.   It's not like walking thru Compton.

Btw, Chinatown food rocks.  Foo's Ho Ho (with the big neon sign at Pender and Columbia) or Kam Gok Yuen for wonton (half a block east on Pender) or New Town for steamed buns and bakery stuff (few doors down from Kam Gok Yuen).  It's cheap, unprentenious home cooking at its best.  p.s. Avoid the bathrooms.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Sportsdude

Alright sounds like good food is around, hopefully I don't get shot inadvertently on some hit on a triad member. I don't think the party hosts will give us food.

Sportsdude

eating chips and salsa for breakfast. I have no food.  

Michel

P.C.

purelife

It has been a few years since I've eaten at chinatown but I have to say that the food is cheap, but often, my stomach doesn't feel good afterwards so I avoid chinese food (excluding dim sum).

I do like the chinese baked goodies....mmmm.....egg tarts, coconut cocktail buns, almond coconut tarts....yummmmm!

Michel

P.C.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]

I'm being obscure and ambiguous.

Michel

purelife

Sportsdude wrote:
How bad is Downtown Eastside at around 9-10pm?

Didn't you say before that you felt safe walking at DTES compared to the places you have been to in your neighborhood?    

|