So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

49er

Lil Me wrote:
49er- thanks for the info.  I doubt they will be compensating the homeowners.  91 of us in this complex...another 50 on the other side of the project....

Hey, aren't you the president of the Homeowners Association.......go up to the developer and ask for $50 gift certificates for each of the 91 homeowners in your complex.   Worst they could do is laugh in your face

Michel

Russ

Lil Me wrote:
Have a good time.

My chicken breast burgers are almost done.  Grilled veggies, microwaved broccoli.

Hello miss LM! Yes yes... home soon.

I agree NUKE the broccoli. Its green so it cant be good for you.

Well, its morning here and im debating whether or not to shower and head down for breakfast, or to just order room service so I can stay a hermit.

I looked out my window this morning and wow, theres a nice back courtyard with a pool! Too bad half of it is construction and the pool looks questionable.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

van_guy

P.C. wrote:
That's very......creative, Van Guy.  VERY creative. [img onclick="selecte('rolleyes.gif');" alt="emoticon" src="http://www.pushupstairs.com/images/emoticon/blehnet/rolleyes.gif[/img]

They are removing any buffer we had and it's taking a toll.  Granted, this particular wind is pretty bad even WITH the buffer....but it is getting worse.

I'm really surprised we didn't didn't hear a tree come down last night.  I think I may vacate the premises today, if it doesn't let up.

Rocks are the answer !!!
piles and piles of rocks ever see wind blow through a rock - no way man.
Soooo.  home intruders / pets / paper weights / wind interupters / bear deterrents / anchors ...

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

van_guy

Russ,
I agree NUKE the broccoli. Its green so it cant be good for you.[/p]I disagree - there is a green beer in eastern china - and i'm pretty sure that it is VERY healthy.
[/p]especially if there is no other beer available.  
[/p]

van_guy

Michel,

I was thinking ... if you were to use perhaps 2 rolls of duct tape you could tape the cat into a ball and to diquise it keep wrapping and it would look like you were just bringing in a big ball of duct tape

duct tape and rocks are pretty much my answer to any problem that comes up.

van_guy

P.C. wrote:
Somewhere around here is a book on Vancouver Island Birds.  I must have a hunt for it.

I'm amazed that with all the internet has to offer, I can't find a decent bird identifying website.  Most of them, you have to know the name first....then you get to see it.  I need it the other way around.

It's not a boobie is it???
There must be SOMETHING on the internet
Gad zooks there are a thousand sites on rock identification surly there is ONE for birds.
I know i saw some AMAZING photos on flicker from a bird enthusiast from VI.
If you can't find anything else let me know i bet i could find his pics again.

P.C.

Good evening Van Guy.

There are bird sites.....but most are set up with a list of names.  You have to click on them to see the pic.  This is useless if you don't know the name.  I've spent hours before going down a list click on each.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

van_guy

P.C. wrote:
Good evening Van Guy.

There are bird sites.....but most are set up with a list of names.  You have to click on them to see the pic.  This is useless if you don't know the name.  I've spent hours before going down a list click on each.

Wow that's really annoying.  If you know the name of the bird - chances are you know what the damn thing looks like.  Not the other way around!

P.C.

Exactly.  I find that for a lot of 'identification' type things....flowers, trees etc.  You need to see the pics first.      

van_guy

P.C. wrote:
Exactly.  I find that for a lot of 'identification' type things....flowers, trees etc.  You need to see the pics first.  

bird brains

P.C.

lol

So what delectable morsels did you dine on this evening ?

van_guy

P.C. wrote:
lol

So what delectable morsels did you dine on this evening ?

Tonight it was BOTH chicken and dog guts!
plus chicken head and feet and ....

Had the chicken guts- but passsed on the dog guts.  They looked particulary FULL this evening.

I wish I were making this up I really do.

Lise

Morning, van_guy and PC!

Ugh..... the food van_guy describes is..............*muffle muffle muffle*

Busy today. Lunch with family and relatives for my b'day celebration. Must make some type of curry. Gonna thaw out some spinakopita for appys. Then it's off to sushi with friends later in the evening. Can't wait. It'll be good to see everyone again.

Hope my uncle isn't going go off his rockers.... he hasn't been feeling well, lately. *sigh*  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Ugh Van Guy.  How DO you choose a wine to go with that ?

Sounds like a fun day Miss Lise.  (I hope your uncle is ok)

|