So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

stretchedout

Allstream was down entirely for much of metro van one day last week.

Patty melt with onion rings - gotta start eating veggies for lunch, with fish.
C'mon, the city is sleeping!

Sportsdude

oye marathon runners are hysterical. I ran 3km of a 6km course half of which is running up a mountain. These marathon runners passed me 3 times. 3 TIMES!! lol
then again they look like sticks.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

That would mean you had to have passed them at least twice ?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

no they passed me. I never passed them. I ran 3k, then walked most of the way stopping to take pictures, but kept moving. I wanted to sit on the mountain top for a while overlooking the lake, but bees had other ideas. grrr  

P.C.

Well aaaaa....how did they pass you a second time.......and a third ?  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]

Sportsdude

first time when I was just starting my jog at westwood, then half way through after I did my 3k and hit the 'wall' (plus hey i'm out of shape don't want to sprain something) that's when I was walking at the 4k marker, they passed me again. I got up to the mountain part tried to sit down but these bees didn't want company. Therefore, I walked down, started jogging again and they then passed me a 3rd time at the parking lot, before my car.  

P.C.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c028.gif" border=0]                                                                        .

Sportsdude

yes I know... like totally embarassing.

stretchedout

I already know what I'm having tomorrow - Chicken Teriyaki!
C'mon, the city is sleeping!

Lil Me

Evening everyone.  Red wine and almonds before I hit the sack.
 Another day of driving junk around.
 An evening of sprinting around trying to clean up this place.
 Realtor coming tomorrow morning (ulp!)

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Van

Almost done a friend's garage siding. All the soffit, facia, J-trim, etc. and 2 walls of siding are done. After all the set up, the actual siding is easy. Music loud, couple beers, makes the job go smooth.

Getting out of the city this weekend (Thank God), going to a nice little spot in the interior for some cool trails.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

P.C.

Good job Van.  Prep and foundation stuff always takes the longest. (usually my downfall with projects, as I'm impatient to see the end result)

So I'm all happy about spring and all, but along with the lovely sunshine and reawakenings of all things green and beautiful, comes the neverending offerings on my front door mat.  Both yesterday and this morning are the *gulp* remains of baby bunnies. (along with the usual various assortment of rodents) *CRY*  What to do, what to do.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c020.gif" border=0]

This morning I made the yummiest smoothie EVER for brekkie.  Field berries, soft tofu, a hint-o-honey and enough milk to make the blender go round.  IT WAS DELISH.....especially considering I don't care much for tofu.  I'm happy to have found a way to get it into my diet.

Van

omg! the soffit sucks. You are supposed to wear gloves, but it is too hard to measure, cut, etc. I don't wear gloves. So, I have some nice cuts on my hands. Oh well, I heal! That hard part is done anyways. Finicky picky work. The actual siding is a breeze after all that.

Wow! Poor bunnies!

I could use a smoothie too. That sounds so good right now.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

P.C.

One smoothie for Van.....coming up.

[img style="WIDTH: 309px; HEIGHT: 197px" height=197 src="http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/2000583/smoothie_Full.jpg" width=334]

So I'm gathering you're using metal siding ?  That stuff is nasty for making hamburger out of your hands.  For heaven's sake....git some gloves.    

Van

Metal soffit and facia. It is all done now. It is just vinyl siding. Soft and smooth. No gloves required, lol!

Thanks for the smoothie buddy.

|