So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Snow was good.  6cm of new last night.

Chillin at my parents' house.  Take-out Chinese for dinner.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

lol you get snow, family gets 30cm of rain.

eggs for dinner

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

I haven't thought of anything interesting for supper yet.  Maybe just some fruit tonight.

I think it's trying hard not to rain right now.  Kaycee just went out to check, and he hasn't returned to tell me.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

does he hide? Tigger goes out, the big goof is scared of the rain, goes hiding, doesn't come out.  

kitten

No, he doesn't hide.  He just comes back in and goes to sleep.  If it is interesting enough outside (i.e. birds on the ground) he will stay out in the rain.

Sportsdude

lol cool.
Tigger got caught out in a snow storm (was outside when it happened). He went insane. Everytime a flake hit him, he would try to clean himself. Obviously this was an impossible endeavor. lol

P.C.

Sounds like a good day on the slopes Lil Me. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/sportlich/g010.gif" border=0]

The fried ice cream is super easy, but it takes a while to prep....so give yourself lots of time Miss purelife.

Mr. Sawdust has come home on a pair of crutches tonight. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a093.gif" border=0]

He was just sitting at his desk at work, and he felt a few odd little twinges, then when he stood up it was screwed ! (well that's not what HE said....but you get the point)  He spent an hour and a half at the walk-in, but no answers.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

Oh NO!  I hope it eases up soon.  What a nasty thing to happen.  The clinic didn't have a clue?  What about going to the hospital emergency?  Or is it too far?  My best wishes for a speedy recovery, Mr. Sawdust.

Van

Ouch! All the best to sawdust! I think he may need some extra PC care!

Very busy day for me. I zig zagged all over the place. Got a good workout on the bike. Had some spag for supper. Now I am thinking about packing a few things for the weekend. I am not leaving till after lunch tomorrow.

I just seen somewhere in the southern states in the news sports, they were trying to tow a school bus out of water? Yikes!
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Sportsdude

P.C. wrote:
Mr. Sawdust has come home on a pair of crutches tonight. [img style="cursor: pointer;" onclick="url(this.src);" src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a093.gif[/img]  
He was just sitting at his desk at work, and he felt a few odd little twinges, then when he stood up it was screwed ! (well that's not what HE said....but you get the point)  He spent an hour and a half at the walk-in, but no answers.  

desk fall on him or did his knees give way?

kitten

They've had a lot of nasty weather down there.  Weren't they suffering from droughts last year?

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time on your mini-holiday, Van.  

Sportsdude

Van wrote:
Ouch! All the best to sawdust! I think he may need some extra PC care!

Very busy day for me. I zig zagged all over the place. Got a good workout on the bike. Had some spag for supper. Now I am thinking about packing a few things for the weekend. I am not leaving till after lunch tomorrow.

I just seen somewhere in the southern states in the news sports, they were trying to tow a school bus out of water? Yikes!

that would be my neck of the woods. Trying to get in contact with the farm, no luck so far. If it gets high they close the lock and the area the farm is at becomes a fortress. Then if the water gets up to the levee road, its run for the hills, it'll only take about 10mins for a 20 mile area to go under. lol But doomsday won't happen, almsot happened in '93.
The town a mile down the road from my house is on the Meramac River. It floods a lot. They just added a 50mil dollar lock, gate and levee system. Personally i don't think it's going to hold. Crest is suppose to happen about a foot below the top of the gate. That's a lot of pressure.

Van

kitten wrote:
They've had a lot of nasty weather down there.  Weren't they suffering from droughts last year?

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time on your mini-holiday, Van.

Thanks. Yes it should be alright. I just forgot, I better gas up tonight, check tires, washer fluid, etc. I always seem to forget about that until the last minute.  I even have Sirius radio for the road trip now. I love it.  
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

kitten

I thought it was in your area.  Have you talked with your parents?  

Sportsdude

Only people we worry about is the farm. They're the ones at risk. My house is on a cliff over looking a valley in a 15 mile radius. We're in the cliff part.

I sort of miss the dangerous summer weather. I'm so used to going to the basement every week for tornadoes and helping out with floods and such. here its a bit boring. lol

|