So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

PC a bagel is supposed to be made in a wood oven.  

That might be how they do them NOW Michel, but a traditional authentic bagel is boiled.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

P.C.

Ahhhh....if you read a little further, it would appear that the Montreal bagel is poached AND baked.

"In contrast to the New York-style bagel, the Montreal bagel is smaller, sweeter and denser, with a larger hole, and is always baked in a wood-fired oven. It contains malt egg, and no salt, and is boiled in hney-sweetened water before being baked in a wood-fired oven, whose irregular flames give it a dappled light-and-dark surface colour."

Michel

P.C.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/frech/h035.gif" border=0]                                                     [FONT color=#ffffff].[/FONT]

Michel

Van Dude

P.C. is from Nanaimo? I heard a few things about Nanaimo girls...

Michel

Van Dude

[img style="WIDTH: 69px; HEIGHT: 76px" height=102 src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/smileys/Shocked/6.gif" width=141 border=0] .

purelife

Michel wrote:
Nanaimo, Walley, all the same... lol

You're cheeky.....

How was eveyrone's lunch?

Michel

Van Dude

I had a Greek salad pita for lunch. loaded with feta!

Michel

Lil Me

You make fries at home?  Wow.  That's impressive.

I had Indian buffet with a friend.

I'll betcha the Nanaimo bagel has chocolate on top.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Working at home?  Sounds nice. :)

mmmm...in di an!  

Speaking of feta cheese, has anyone out there tried the greek island flatbread at Safeway.  OMG, yumm!  I always ask for extra feta and cucumbers.  But, I take out the ranch spread and get the avocado spread instead.  A healthy $5 meal. :)

|