So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

That sounds totally good, purelife.  Is it at the Safeway deli?  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

purelife

Yuppers!  They handmake it for you right in front of  your eyes.  They also have good ;paninis for 5 bucks.  It's pretty cheap considering the price for one.   Yer gotta try the greek island flatbread.    

Lil Me

I've gotta try that.

The Mount Royal Bagel Factory is quite good.  There are a few locations throughout BC, plus they sell the product in some grocery stores.

When I was in high school, we used to hang at Benny's Bagels on W Broadway.  I remember picking up a friend who had just moved from Montreal, to take him to this "cool place" where we used to have bagels and coffee with all the candles burning everyone.  He thought it was crap.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Russ

Amazing LM! We think alike! I had indian as well for lunch.

Well, bad news.. apparently even though the online places showed packages and hotels... the flights have been booked up for a week already! They just didnt update online.. Waaah! So no Cuba for us.. travel place called. We placed an order a little while ago and it sent an automatic email and said there was a problem and a representative would get back to us. Called me this afternoon today and said all the flights were full for about a week now.. it just doesnt always show up online. So they said lots of people that were booking more last minute were getting cancelled.

Sucks!

So Im waiting for the Vengeful Starfishie to get home. We might look at other places... dont know.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Michel

Russ

Yeah.. That is bad. If you look it STILL shows other Cuba vacations. We booked earlier after the price dropped otherwise we wouldnt have gone.. apparently it automatically does that? The lady tried to get me to swap to Mexico or the Jamaica.

Starfish didnt seem too enthused about going elsewhere. We might just end up going down to teh states for a bit.

Van Dude

I really liked Jamaica. The beaches were pretty amazing. Cuba was sweet too. I was more relaxed in Cuba to venture out and see the culture. Jamaica not so much, I pretty much felt I needed to stay close to the resort where I was.

Hey as for the bagel discussion, Russ, you could load up a bagel with some fresh roast beef, bacon, cheese, mustard, mayo, and have a helluva bagel sandwhich. Cream Cheese is good too...

Happy Bagel Thursday! I want an official one now!

Michel

P.C.

Awww....sorry Russ.  Bummer !   I don't know if you've been or not, but Cannon Beach in Oregon is fabulous for an inexpensive-ish trip....and the drive is out of this world.      
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

Van Dude wrote: P.C. is from Nanaimo? I heard a few things about Nanaimo girls...

[FONT size=5]NO... P.C. IS NOT FROM NANAIMO, NOR HAS P.C. EVER LIVED IN NANAIMO NOR, WILL P.C. LIVE IN NANAIMO ANY TIME IN THE FUTURE.  [/FONT]

That blasted Michel has started a vicious rumour.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/boese/e055.gif[/img][/DIV]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

Sportsdude

well if you want to get technical P.C. sorta does, then sorta doesn't.

afternoon!
spent the afternoon talking about how Nanaimo city planners and thinkers need to be all fired and P.C.'s area's planners need to be hired. lol (Nanaimo politics, always fun). Then talked with a buddy about his south nanaimo garden he's got going on in his back yard, bought a bunch of tomato seeds, corn, squash etc. Calls it his farm. lol
filled out a career form, mine is rather boring, no sexy multi-national I want to work for, public sector for me. lol

good day overall, much better then yesterday.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

P.C. wrote:
 Awww....sorry Russ.  Bummer !   I don't know if you've been or not, but Cannon Beach in Oregon is fabulous for an inexpensive-ish trip....and the drive is out of this world.

Yeah.. actually this was the trip that was the alternative as Starfish doesnt want to go to Vegas at this time. We would head down through Seattle then on to Oregon.

P.C. wrote:

That blasted Michel has started a vicious rumour.  [img]http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/boese/e055.gif" border=0 ="url(this.src);"]

LOL! I love the two little yellow dots with arms beating up on the third one! Im everso more impressed with all of your finding of these things. And Im glad that Im getting away with Rumor Spreading.. :)

|