So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Hey Everyone!

Houston Space Centre at NASA was great.  Particularly enjoyed the "behind the scenes" tour of the Johnson Space Centre, NASA.  Had my 3 free drinks at the hotel and a pile of free chips, popcorn and pretzels.  Went swimming, then going to head out to the Olive Garden as soon as I can wake up Mr LM and throw him into the car.

Btw, I'm enjoying Real America.  People are genuine here.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Oh wow Lil Me.  Mr Sawdust would surely be jealous of that trip.  He loves all that stuff.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

That sounds like a lot of fun, LM.  I hope that you could share some pics with us.  =)

Lise

Hey Lil Me, glad to hear you had fun. Gee, I wonder what US state have you NOT visit?

PC - thanks for the tip on the ice wine. Will do what you recommend sometime this year.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

Morning!  Quite enjoyed my free hotel breakfast.  Grits, sausage patties and white gravy.  I didn't think I liked white gravy, but it's good.  Very peppery.

Going to the Kemah Boardwalk on Gavelston Bay as soon as the morning homework is done.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Russ

Glad to hear you are having a good time LM! Ive only passed through Houston.. not had a boo around. Sounds like its worth it!

Southern Hospitality, they say theres nothing like it.

Homework? That means you have schoolwork for the little LM's brought along from school right? <I think I might have asked this before?>

Today is hopefully getting the right brakes and parts for my truck.. instead of get them at 6pm last night and then attempt to put them on only to see that its the wrong parts! Grr. Lots to do.. apparently we are attempting the hotsprings again this weekend, gotta be ready!
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

Looks like a fun place Lil Me.  There's sure a lot of seafood restaurants there.  

P.C.

You're such a brave soul Russ...lol

Which hotsprings are you trying to get to ?

Lil Me

Yes, Heckyl and Jeckyl have homework from school.  

purelife

Sounds like you're having a blast LM...how are your boys enjoying it?   When are you guys off to Belize?  (or did you already go?)

Good morning PC, LM, Russ and anyone else who logs in later. :)    

Sportsdude

glad you're enjoying texas lil me.
the river walk in san antonio is great this time of year, not too hot. Don't know if you're going there though.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Spent the day at the Kemah Boardwalk.  It was fun, not crowded at all.  Went on rides.  Heckyl and Jeckyl enjoyed the Spongebob movie/ride in 4D.  Ate crawfish etouffee for lunch, washed down with a Hurricane.

Free happy hour at the hotel.  Next, getting ready to go to the Goode Company BBQ.  Supposedly serves the most BBQ per day than anywhere else on earth?

ADD: Also pet and handfed some sting rays.  What a weird experience.  They feel soft and rubbery. When they come out of the water, splashing and lunging at you, it's quite terrifying.

Sportsdude

lol bbq have a blast. I personally like memphis/nashville style even though I'm suppose to like st. louis style. K.C style is okay.

going home in a couple days to home cooking and jumbalaya. YUM

so how was the creole food? You like?

Sportsdude

lol its too late now but avoid the toyota center tonight, lil me. 20k are at the obama rally.

Lil Me

Loved the creole food.  I had the crawfish.  Mr LM had blackened catfish.

Dinner was....meaty.  BBQ ribs and brisket.  The Goode Company BBQ supposedly has the best Texas BBQ. You take your tray outside and eat on a picnic table.  There's a definate mesquite taste in the meat.  They use green wood for smoking.  I'm glad I tried the Texas BBQ, but I'm just not a fan of this genre of food.  It was cheap and filling, though.  Time to take some Rolaids and lie down.  Russ would like this place a heckuva lot more than I did.

|