So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

Since I don't drink any wine, pour yourself a glass on my behalf.

BTW, I've a bottle of iced wine and don't know what to do with it? Any ideas? What do you serve it with usually? I'm planning on cracking the bottle and sharing among my friends one day.    
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

JEEEEZ...I logged on, and in the length of time it took for the white screen to disappear, I got my living room and lounge vacuumed and lunch dishes washed, dried and put away.  (ok, well it was only a knife and a plate....but STILL)  grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Ice wine is delish.  I often use it as a sub for dessert.  More often than not, after a big 'company' dinner, nobody has room for dessert.  It's sweet and luscious.  Mmm

*hmmm, let's see how long this one takes to post.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

I'm gonna bless you, PC in the hope that it'll settle your loading time.

Thanks for the tip about ice wine. So you just serve it by itself? Nothing else? I hear it's quite sweet so I just serve it in wee little chilled glass or do I just chill the bottle?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

ice wine = caviar of wines

all this wine talk makes me want to work on a winery this summer.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Ice wine is best chilled for about 2 hours in the fridge before serving.  You want it chilled, not cold.

If you are going to serve it with dessert, make sure the dessert isn't sweeter than the wine...something like a fruit salad....but the best thing is a slice or two of a nice strong cheese.

If you are ever buying ice wine, don't pay big bucks for something called Iced Wine.  Iced wine is made from artificially frozen grapes...not grapes frozen on the vine, which is what gives you 'authentic' Ice Wine.  There is nothing wrong with Iced Wine....it just doesn't have the same value as Ice Wine and shouldn't be priced as an ice wine.

Russ

Morning!

We made it to 'a' hotsprings this weekend not the one we wanted to. At the trailhead turnoff it was ok for the first 500m but after that it got real deep real quick! And only me and one other could keep going so we had to turn back cause not everyone would make it. At that point in the night we had been up 24 hours.. that stupid accident with retards driving like idiots on the sea to sky just past squamish had us sitting in squamish around the white spot for 6 hours.

I broke a number of things on my truck but made it home...

Rear Shock.. the bolt holding it sheared off

Both battery holdowns.. had grounds on both, neat to see sparks coming out from under the hood

Radiator expansion bottle.. the bolt broke and it fell into the belts on the front of the engine and made a nice big hole in it. lol

Right rear disc brake seizing.. dunno just lucky I guess. I drove until it wore away.. nice metallic screaming sound.

So hows everyone else's weekend? I actually had a great time!

Dinner last night tasted awesome.. probably cause it was at home.    
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

Good morning Mr. Russ

Sounds like an adventure....as always....LOL.  What hotspring did you end up at ?

Russ

Morning lovely miss PC!

Yes an adventure it was.. good times. We had a great time, and ate tons cause we had all the food for the first day and morning which we never ate on time.

We went in from the Pemberton side and were heading for Sloquet. After attempting to get up it for a few hours, when it was getting light out we decided to give up and head for Skookumchuck or St Agnes well. So we headed back about 30 klicks along the logging road and went into there. It was a chance to be honest because the government bought skookumchuck off of the family that owned it and gave it to the local native americans in some land claims, we didnt know if it was still open. But it is.. and the family that owned it are still there and are taking care of the place for the local band. Which Im happy about.. its still there for everyone.    

Russ

Hey.. is LM gone on her trip? I hope if she is she has a good time!

Lil Me

Morning P.C. and Russ!

Sounds like fun times, Russ.  Always an adventure for you.

We're in Houston.  Heckyl and Jeckyl are doing homework before we leave the hotel this am.  Going to NASA today.

Ate grits for breakfast.  Figured "when in Rome..." eat grits.  Tasty.  Crunchy.  Gritty.

Stumbled upon what is apparently the best taqueria in Houston last night.  Full of Mexican families- Mr LM was the only white guy there.  Delicious, cheap, filling.  Ate a barbacoa taco and a marinated meat taco @$1.30 ea.  I was stuffed.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

WOW....talk about an adventure Lil Me.  

I've never had grits.  As a matter of fact, I don't think I even know what grits are.  However, the name does not sound appealing.

Where is your next stop ?

Lil Me

Grits are a corn dish- think of a salty cream-of-wheat made with corn.

In Houston for a few days.  I just love it here.  Very friendly people- very chatty.

Leaving for Belize on Wed.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

OH HOLY JEALOUSY !!!  How wonderful Lil Me.  How long will you be in Belize ?

I think I want to go somewhere.

Russ

Enjoy it LM! Hope you and your family have a good time.

Let us know how NASA is..    

purelife

Wow, LM is out of the country!!  Have fun. :)  Sounds like a fun-filled weekend, Russ.  We went to SFU Bby Mtn to get some vitamin D.   It was absolutely beautiful.    

|