So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Just speaking for myself, it's easier to ask a taller person to reach something than it is to go get a ladder.

Watched The Rookie last night.  Great feel good Disney movie.   With Dennis Quaid!!!

Going bowling with my Beaver kids later.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

Whoa.... ouch for SD.

The Rookie? I've heard of it but have not seen it. Disney movies are not my cuppa tea. I rather have half naked men running around amok like 300.

Started watching Tom Cruise's War of the Worlds last night. Too boring so I flicked it off. Man, he's gotta grab better roles next time. Perhaps another Mission Impossible?

Nose stuffed. Can't breathe. I'm breathing thru my mouth like a lazy goldfish. Maybe I should take lessons from Darth Vader. At least he can talk and breath at the same time and make it look damn cool.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

Michel

Lil Me

*covers ears*

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Yeek - SD can show you Michel, but not to me.  I can't HEAR you...I've got a banana in my ear....

I like that movie too, LM...good family wholesome movie.   We rented March of the Penguin and Blue Planet, courtesy of local library.  We're on the waiting list for Planet Earth.  

Oh, does anyone own a tagine or cooked with one or ate from one?

[img style="width: 280px; height: 205px;" src="http://www.bridgesandballoons.com/journal/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/404_cucumbers.jpg[/img]

Lil Me

cool.  Never seen one before.

Are you cooking something in one?

Michel

Sportsdude

watching the super bowl.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

olive

Good for you SD. Do you also post on here when you take a dump?

Super Bowl is for Super Roid freaks....don't get me wrong, CFL sucks too!

P.C.

Oh, does anyone own a tagine or cooked with one or ate from one?

What a coincident purelife.  I was just looking at one of these on Friday night.  Moroccan tagine.  Mmmmmm.  It's basically an oven or stove-top crock pot or slow cooker.

Some of them are beautiful....there are tagines for serving and ones for cooking.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

I agree PC.  They sure are beautiful, even as a decorative piece in a kitchen.  They're so expensive though.  I saw one for cooking at $80ish if I remember correctly.

I bet the food tastes absolutely delish.  I read that you have to cook onions in lots of olive oil when you first buy one to take out the first taste of the tagine.  One day, I might buy one.  How about you, PC?

P.C.

There are glazed tagines and unglazed tagines.  The unglazed ones have to be seasoned (kind of like a romertopf).  The glazed ones don't.  I was looking at a glazed one.

Yes, I think I might get one.  The name tagine is the same for the cookware as it is for the style of cuisine, and I was looking up some tagine recipes....all I can say is MMMMMMM.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

49er

what's the difference between a tagine and a chinese clay pot?  Anyway, I would test for lead in the glazing if I am to cook anything acidic in it......especially if they are imported  

purelife

Sounds like I've got lots to learn about tagines.  I was looking at some recipes as well and even saw a cooking show on Food Network where some french guy named Ricardo was cooking with one.  He had to soak his tagine for hours.  I don't remember why though.

That's a good question 49er.  I have no idea what the difference is.  But I've heard of clay cooking where fish is wrapped in clay and the food is absolutely divine.

|