So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

Hi purelife and Michel. I'm sick as a dog. Staying home from work. Thank the gods at least I'm getting paid for staying home. When I was working in the private sector, you couldn't get paid for having a sick day. It's just one missed day and no pay.

OK. Off to have a snooze. I'm dog tired and aching body. Someone pass me soup!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

Michel

purelife

How about pho, Lise?  I think that I may have this for dinner instead...

[img style="WIDTH: 301px; HEIGHT: 222px" height=586 src="http://www.rgj.com/blogs/dining/uploaded_images/pho-702032.jpg" width=745]    

P.C.

LISE !!!!  So sorry you're feeling poorly.  

purelife, that soup looks delish.  

So, I'm looking for a REALLY different gourmet-ish meal to cook.  Sawdust and I used to do gourmet night a couple times a month....(one each), but we sort of got away from it.  So the New Years thing, was to get it back, because it was something we always enjoyed.  (the surprize element as much as the eating)

I need to 'step out of the box' here, so looking for something unusual (but not weird).  This almost sounds like your forte Lise.  Ideas ?  I've always gone french cuisine, or traditional-ish....but since the hot pot and butter chicken...have become more willing to explore.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Hey everyone!

Oh Lise, I hope you're feeling better.  

I'm home and tired/wired at the same time.  Vegas was good.  c-c-c-old there right now (about the same temp as Vancouver) made worse when you're walking down the street double-fisting $1 margaritas.

Did lots of walking, which was good considering all the food and drink I consumed in 3 days.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

Er....... Michel!! That's a gross image. That fat techie WILL not be touching me in the future, thank you very much. I rather have Russ' goat massaging me instead. Give me goat anytime!!!

Awww, thanks guys!! That pho soup looks darn inviting. I hate chicken noodle soup yesterday. Just boiled up a batch of stock and added noodles in. Twas ok. Wasn't as perfect but edible. My taste buds are shot rite about now.

Feelin' a tad better but still under the weather. Blast this cough!!!!!!! Grrrrr!

I'm glad you had a grand trip in Vegas, Lil Me. Share them pictures one day! I want to go down to Vegas one of these days. Maybe when the kiddies are older.

PC - I'm glad that you're more willing to explore other cuisine. It's rather interesting and an adventure of its own. Best tried with friends (as they're supposed to know more) but it's also rewarding to do it alone. Have you tried sushi yet?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

I just backed into someone's car.  I'm concerned because there was no damage to my car, but a lot of pre-existing damage to the other car.  The other driver pointed to a spot on this front fender (which looked old) and said that I did it.
 ICBC is gonna take photos and measurements of my car on Monday.  

I'm trying not to worry about it, cuz there ain't much I can do.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

hey everyone! I'm staying with a taiwanese family in surrey, nobody is speaking english which is great and my brain is having an overload due to all the languages. lol I've got a few people convinced i know some mandrin because i start to enter conversations when they're talking to each other. lol I just pick up on key words, that's my secret. Went to this super uber cool high school asian festival in west van last night. most of the acts were korean but I liked it a lot. Staying til Sunday, I'm helping the local chinese community centre put up cny decorations, they need my height apparently. That's another thing, I've never been stared at so much in my life due to my height. lol Everyone is 'how tall are you' i say 206cm's they go 'omg' lol. too funny.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

I just backed into someone's car.  I'm concerned because there was no damage to my car, but a lot of pre-existing damage to the other car.  The other driver pointed to a spot on this front fender (which looked old) and said that I did it.
ICBC is gonna take photos and measurements of my car on Monday.  

I'm trying not to worry about it, cuz there ain't much I can do.

Welcome back Lil Me....did ya have FUN ?????

Bummer on the bumper bender.  Did YOU take pics of their damage ?  Oldest trick in the book is to add a bit of damage to try and get more than it's worth.  ICBC would know in a heartbeat if the damage on their car is new or old.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

Welcome back Miss Lil Me.  It sounds like you had a feastful trip. :)

Ah, I wouldn't worry too much about the bumping.  ICBC will access his car and yours and compare.  They will figure out how old the damages have been on the other car.  I think it'll be a-ok, LM. :))

OMG, I almost forgot about CNY....

Lil Me

Thanks for the warm fuzzies, P.C. and purelife.

I COULD have taken a photo of his car with my phone, but I was too stunned to think of it at the time.

Ah well.

Went to a cousin's engagement party in Ditchmond today.  They had an afternoon drop-in tea in the social room of their complex.  It was a very nice party- sammitches, take-out noodles and wings, tea, punch, fruit, dessert.  

Now I'm exhausted.  Time for a quick dinner and a DVD.  It's canned fish night, rice/noodles and veg.

Lise

I swear if SD mentions how tall he is ONE MORE time, I'll eat my laptop!!!

Sorry to hear about the bender fender there Lil Me. That just sucks... especially to have that happen after coming back from a vacation. At least it's only a minor thing, not like a huge accident.

Nothing to report. Had to go to downtown to get my picture taken for the translink. I had to do with a stuffed nose and all. Here's hoping my picture is ok. Ate at Kamei Royale downtown. Place is expensive. I can't help but feel it's like an upscale Daimaisu. I mean, the menu looks EXACTLY the same but the prices are higher. Go figure.    
Bill Cosby.

Lise

BTW, what's everyone doing for CNY?
Bill Cosby.

AH GEESH

[span style="font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;"] Sportsdude wrote:[/span][br style="font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;"][span style="font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;"]hey everyone! I'm staying with a [span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 64);"]taiwanese family[/span] in surrey, [/span]

Why do you have to say "Taiwanese" family.  Why not just "family?"  Is there a difference between staying at a black family vs a white family vs a chinese family?

[span style="font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;"]nobody is speaking english which is great and my brain is having an overload [span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 0);"]due to all the languages.[/span] [/span]

How many languages does a Taiwanese family speak?  Hopefully [span style="text-decoration: underline; font-weight: bold;"]only[/span] taiwanese.  Unless they're speaking Greek, English, Cantonese, Italian and Spanish all at once.  Then, that would be unusal and most interesting.

[span style="font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;"]lol I've got a few people convinced i know some [span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 64);"]mandrin[/span][/span]

Uhm, it's MANDARIN!  Yes, as in mandarin oranges.
[br style="font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;"][span style="font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;"]Staying til Sunday, I'm helping the local chinese community centre put up cny decorations, they need my height apparently. That's another thing, [span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 0);"]I've never been stared at so much in my life due to my height.[/span] lol Everyone is 'how tall are you' i say 206cm's they go 'omg' lol. [span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 0);"]too funny.[/span][/span]

Yes, you get stared at, poked at, thrown at, blah blah blah at.  Ok, we get the point that you're TALL or so you say.  LOL   Wow, it's so funny!  
I bet the chinese community didn't have a ladder around.

|