So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

[hr class="hrcolor" size="1" width="100%"]        

purelife

What did you have for lunch, Michel?  Do you still enjoy that food court?

Michel

Lil Me

I'm baaaaaack!  For the first time in two weeks, I feel good!  The cure: humidified air, Vicks vaporub and a couple of hot toddies before bed.

hungry today!  Also feel like drinking coffee for the 1st time in 2 wks.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

P.C.

Chances are, if you're in good health and not exhausted, you won't get a cold. Although I'm sure Lil Me is probably in good health, she does take marathon-mom to new heights.  Not to mention, if you got school age kids, they have a tendency to bring home all kinds of stray germs.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

How much was your humidifier, LM and where did you buy it from?  (just curious)  Glad to hear that you're feeling better.  It usually takes about two weeks.      

Lil Me

Cold mist humifier about $30 at London Drugs  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Thanks LM.  I've got to check that out.

Lil Me

There was a "small room" humidifer (ie baby's nursery) at London Drugs for $19.  

purelife

Just curious, does anyone own an air purifier machine thingee?  I know that they're pretty expensive (like the ionic breeze) but I wonder if they work.  I'm thinking that it's a great thing if it actually removes the dirt in the air and traps it in this filter because my guy has asthema once in a while.

Lil Me

We had one in Heckyl's bedroom when he was a tot.  At the time, they were noisy and the size of a suitcase!  
But they sell some very nice ones now at London Drugs.  They look very compact.  

purelife

Did it work for him?

Lil Me

Hard to say.  He was just diagnosed with asthma and started using inhalers at the same time as we got the air filter. (around age 2).

It might be possible to get a Dr's note for your guy, saying he needs and airfilter- then claim it back through your medical plan.

ADD: Heckyl has been putting Vicks on his feet for the last few nights, and he says his breathing has improved.  He is going to the Asthma Clinic at the Bby Hosp later this month- haven't been for a few years.  Will pass on any relavent info for you guy.

purelife

Thanks Lil Me, for the info.  I'll pass it along. :)

Just curious, does Heckyl get a lot of bleeding noses?    

|