So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

Does anyone have any ideas on something special to do for your other half's bday?  

My guy's bday is coming up and I'm just drawing blanks..... Last year, a bunch of our friends gathered at our place and had food (catered by moi) and we went ice-skating.  It was surprisingly fun and he enjoyed it.  

This year, I don't have that much money to prepare all the food for our guests so, it'll just have to be him and I.  

I could always prepare a nice dinner and/or go out for dinner, but wondering if anyone may have other ideas?  

Sportsdude

you could always go to the place where you had your first date.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

Erm.. I appear to have walkied in at the wrong time.

So how about them Blue Jays with their star quarterback Pavel Bure?

Tonights din din is the extra thick costco burgers, with cheese, mushrooms, bacon, and an egg with teh usuall trimmings.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

Mmmm....that makes me hungry for a burger Russ.

purelife......how are you with the idea of a pot-luck ?  Lots of interesting combinations happen on these things.  Then all you have to do is bake a cake.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Russ

purelife wrote:
 Does anyone have any ideas on something special to do for your other half's bday?  

My guy's bday is coming up and I'm just drawing blanks..... Last year, a bunch of our friends gathered at our place and had food (catered by moi) and we went ice-skating.  It was surprisingly fun and he enjoyed it.  

This year, I don't have that much money to prepare all the food for our guests so, it'll just have to be him and I.  

I could always prepare a nice dinner and/or go out for dinner, but wondering if anyone may have other ideas?

All of our group with G/F's went out to dinner (everyone went dutch but had presents for the the bday guy) then went on to Mugs and Jugs for a bit. Maybe you've heard of it PL? I would suggest it, its a nice friendly neighborhood bar thats really girl friendly. Guys really like it too for some reason.

PC's suggestion is really good... other than that what about everyone going out for dinner, doing dutch, then heading somewhere else? Like ice skating you said?

Lil Me

I'm sure your guy will appreciate whatever you do, purelife.  Ice skating and dessert?
 Ie skating and ice cream!

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Thanks guys.  

I'm sure I'll figure something out...  :)))

Morning everyone.

Sportsdude

Russ

Morning PC, PL, SD, and LM.

Its a grey morning and I have lots to do. I wonder if I will get any of it done today? Ive been lazy the last few days...    

P.C.

Good morning.....erm....well.....afternoon.

I was feeling a wee lazy too Russ.....but I started the flooring in the guestroom at 10:30 this morning.....and just put my last board in.  DONE-SKI.  Painted it yesterday.....2 coats.....ready to start putting in the pieces for the built-in bed.   Then some baseboard.....sew up the curtains.....done.

purelife

Good afternoon everyone.    

Sportsdude

afternoon
i had sushi for lunch

P.C.

I had an apple....and a half a peanut butter sammich.

I just stripped a solid oak chest of drawers to paint it black.  Poor Sawdust is clutching his heart.

P.C.

OMG.....it's hailing !!!!

purelife

hailing really hard, PC?  

|