So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

purelife wrote:
Got back from shopping at Costco's.  I made sure I picked up the gigantic jar of sauerkraut... it was cheap!  

Hey LM, do your kids also have scooters?  Did you guys go to a skating park, kinda like the one near Bonsor?  
 --

Hey!  Gotta love that sauerkraut.  Mine came in a can from StupidStore, so I needed to transfer it into a plastic container.  Costco in the jar next time for sure!

Kids have 1 scooter between them.  We just went down to the local park and back today.  Nice day out there.

Roasted veg for dinner with leftover tofu and quinoa.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

kimchi for me today.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

OHKIMCHI!!!!!  Speaking of that, they had it as samples in Costco today.  I was going to buy the whole box full but remembered how much carbs there are... I would probably eat the 12 packages in less than a week.  Not good!  :S

It was so warm today, absolutely perfect for a skateboard ride at the park.    

Sportsdude

hehe yeah I've become accostumed to the smaller Canadian sized portions (took forever it seemed)
But I bought a pack of like 30 for 8 bucks at Super Store.

Do you put veggies in yours pl? For some reason I want it spicier so i put in red peppers.

purelife

No veggies.  It takes the flavor away.  

I like the wonton noodles, the one that Lise suggested.  That tastes good with the veggies and wonton.  

I wouldn't eat too much of that kimchi stuff, lots of sodium in one package...over 1K per serving.

Sportsdude

hmm wonton.
really takes away the flavour?

P.C.

I think that protein in sauerkraut is almost non-existent.  It IS relatively high in calcium.

In truth, I didn't even know that it had ANY nutritional value until Lil Me brought it up.....but have since read up on it a little bit.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

yikes you were right about the sodium pl, 46%. lol

purelife

I think it takes the flavor away.  I used to put baby bok choi in the kimchi and it took the flavor away..not sure about the other veggies.

Sauerkraut has lots of fibre.  I've been reading that sauerkraut helps with weight loss....

Sportsdude

so far I've lost a ton of weight. I guess it has to do with all the stairs. good grief 600 stairs just to get to my class in the morning. freaking crazy.  

purelife

Oh, so you were able to find a weight scale?    

Sportsdude

no, even better, I got comments. Plus I can figure out pretty easily.  

purelife

We had a yummy salad for dinner and I had some sauerkraut.  mmmmmiammmeeee  

P.C.

Everytime you mention sauerkraut, my mouth waters.  *drooolzzzz*  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="vny!://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a234.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

SAUERKRAUT!!!!

that reminds me Wurst mart is coming up.

|