So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Heya!  Panfried burgers for lunch (Angus beef burgers from Costco).

Ok...off to get groceries.

Um, Russ, I'm surprised you didn't pick up on my attempt at a double entendre.  You're on a boat.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

I don't like it either Lise.  And yet, it's almost impossible to avoid.  If you make the choice to not get 'involved', then you end up looking 'stand-offish'.  Strangely enough, I find a smaller staff generates more office politics.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

I got it Lil Me.....lol

I think I should go get groceries too....but I seem to be functioning in slow mo today.

Sportsdude

went to the mall to mail off stuff I should have mailed off a month and a half ago when I got here.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

P.C. wrote:
I don't like it either Lise.  And yet, it's almost impossible to avoid.  If you make the choice to not get 'involved', then you end up looking 'stand-offish'.  Strangely enough, I find a smaller staff generates more office politics.   Ja. That's exactly what I feel like. If you're not with the 'group mentality' than you're out of it and no one wants to involve you in anything else. I hate it. It feels like you're in highschool except these ppl haven't grown up.

Anyways, this is all very new to me. I don't know what or how I'm expected to act but I guess I'll learn as I go along. It's damn confusing.

We went to UBC today. My hubby was so amazed at how much everything changed. He had to have his burger at this place called The Pit. The price hasn't changed in 15 years ($2.75 for a burger) but I thought the burger was only so-so. Meh. Students will eat just about anything.

Right, SD?

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

hahaha
yeah.
its cheap

Lil Me

Lise wrote:
[em][/em]Anyways, this is all very new to me. I don't know what or how I'm expected to act but I guess I'll learn as I go along. It's damn confusing.
 --

Do your job, be nice to people, and ignore the politics and gossip as best you can (ie listen but don't get involved).  Lise=Switzerland!!!

People will respect you for it.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Russ

Ha! I gets the meaning now.. wow, im getting slow. I um, actually DIDNT get it. And I even get lise's meaning. Yeah, I never went to UBC, but i had lots of friends who did. I went to the pit pub a fair bit to meet up with them.

Cheers to Lil Me for the costco burgers! I buy only their burgers for the ones I cook.. unless I make my own.

So I ended up going to sleep a little too early last night.. I woke up at 130 am wide awake and here i am now at 230am trying to tire myself out so I can at least get a few more hours before the start of the workday.. lol.

Hows the school going SD?
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

Evening everyone.

Oh, I know what you mean about office politics.  I find that when there are more women than men at the office, there's more cattyness.  At an office/work environment, you'll soon learn who's the brownoser, the loud one, the gossiper, the one that thinks she/he "knows it all".... *sigh*  At least you're enjoying some people, right? :))  That's what matters.

Last night, we had pho with some friends at 3am. Ohhhhh...it was SOOOOOOOOOOOO good..miammmmmmmeeeeeeee!  We also went to White Rock beach...I forgot how clearly you could see the stars.  'twas beautiful!

The Angus beef burgers are awesome.   Enjoy 'em too.   I recently brought this cotton zipped jacket and sweats from Costco... Avia brand..OMGCUMFY and CHEAP!  Did you get any clothes lately at Costco, LM?  

Lil Me

purelife wrote:
  Did you get any clothes lately at Costco, LM?  
 --

I got a pair of the Costco lycra yoga-type pants in Sept.  $15 or so.  I was afraid they were going to be too long, but I think they shrunk up a bit when I washed them, so I haven't tripped over my pant legs yet.

Sportsdude

walked to this chinese buffet, then went to this video store where you pick the movie from an atm machine and it despenses the movie. how freaking futuristic.  

P.C.

Glad to hear you are up and about SD.

Good morning.  Another slow mo day under way here.  It's been a bit of an endurance marathon this weekend.  People visiting all over the place.....far too many cocktails and 'too late for us' nights.  Blahhhhhh

Sportsdude

yikes take it easy P.C.  

P.C.

Doin OK.

Off to to some work.  We are STILL working on a new plexiglass roof over the hot tub.  We had to remove it when we got the new roof installed.  At least it's a nice day out there.

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

|