So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

yup that's a word.
means somebody is being silly.

I'm a big goofus for not turning on the heat. goofus.

cleaning my room today. lol i can see snow on the mountains so that's really cool.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Heya Lise.  I can imagine how aromatic your house must smell right now.  No need for weed diffusers. :)))

Did you get the chance to enjoy the sun?  I checked the weather report and it showed 5-day forecast of showers/rain.

Lise

Hiya SD and purelife!

*sniff sniff* Yup, delicious aroma of chicken waffling throughout the house today. I didn't get the chance to get out as much as I wanted as I had to clean up the house for guests. I did go out for a brief spell to pull out those damn sweat peas plants that's been clogging up my front yard.

Oh ja, while I was out... guess what I saw? A FRIGGING BIG ASS RAT running across. I almost jumped out of my skin. I think the rat was after the food at the bird feeder so I think I have to discard the bird feeder. It's unfortunate because I love having birds in our garden. Oh well.

Hey purelife, I have a question for you... how come I can't get hold of those montly bus passes? Seems like they're all sold out everywhere I go!

Yes, snow on mountain is quite lovely, SD. We get a grand view from our backyard.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

A rat?  *shivers*  

They're usually sold out in a week or two of the month. It's best to buy a week or so before the next month.  Oh, and remember to save your month passes.  You get some money back when you do your taxes.     Have you tried Save On Foods?  If not, you may have to visit Translink's HQ to get your month passes.

TransLink Head Office
Monday to Friday
8:00 am to 4:00 pm
1600 - 4720 Kingsway
Burnaby, BC
V5H 4N2

Fare Dealer
[em]Fares/Tickets & Passes[/em]  (604) 453-4490

Lise

One week before? Wow! You're kidding me!!! OK, no wonder everywhere I went they're all sold out. I'll definitely buy the pass one week in advance next time. Thanks for the tip.

Now I have to go buy those Faresavers. No choice. I've never traveled by public transport (hubby drops me off and picks me up on his way to work) but I'll have to do this. Ah well. At least it'll give me some time to catch up on my reading.

Thanks again, purelife.

Did you have a good Thanksgiving?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

You're welcome.

My day is going smoothly today. :)) I cleaned out our linen closet (OMG A MESS!) and have our chicken baking in the oven.......  smells yummy with all the spices and veggies....  And, we baked pumpkin bread again.  :))

Lise

Hmm... .I just gotta try pumpkin bread! Your recipe sounds so good! Have you made pumpkin pie before? I've never made one, the best I can do is just buy one.

How about cranberry sauce? Ever made it?
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

lol giant rat.
hehe
time to get a cat. lol

yeah I was talking to my cousin about the snow, he thought I was going sledding... lol

purelife

pumpkin pie sounds complicated to make.  i buy mine too.  i'm not a fan of cranberry sauce.  how about you Lise?  

Lise

OMG. You should have seen that stupid rat, SD. At first I thought, it was a cute squirrel then I saw the tail and put two and two together. ARGH!!! Mouse I can handle, rat... no way.

Speaking of cats, don't you miss your feline friend?

You should head to Whistler in the winter time. It's so amazing and beautiful there. I wish I could ski - my association is offering me discounted tickets to Whistler/Blackcomb but it's no point for me as I don't ski. Oh well.

If anyone wants discounted ski tickets, just let me know. I'll see what I can do.  
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Ohhhhhhh...the mountains are beautiful.  Snowshoeing at Seymour is something really spectacular.  The air is just amazing.... I can't wait to go up there again next year.    

Lise

I just bought mine from Superstore. I thought it was something like... buy one of those frozen shell pie, add in a can of mashed pumpkin and viola? Maybe I'm missing a couple of steps but isn't that the idea?

Well, maybe PC can enlightened us.

I don't mind a bit of cranberry sauce on the side to be honest. Taste rather yummy with meat.  
Bill Cosby.

Lise

Snow shoe. Hey, that sounds like something I can do.

Anyways, gotta go. My bird's calling me. You guys have a good Thanksgiving!
Bill Cosby.

purelife

I wish it was that simple....perhaps it is that simple??  I'm just afraid of having extremely mushy musheee pumpkin... I don't know how to make it firm like the store-bought ones.  One day, I'll tackle making pumpkin pie....grandma gave me a recipe. :)  

Sportsdude

Skiing fun Lise! Come on, you can do it. :)))

hehe the rat.
Yeah I miss Tigger, funny cat.

|