So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

Yup its so funny really. There's folks like Devil who got in before the wave and then there are locals who couldn't afford to live in Alberta anymore and came here to BC. lol

only people like my roommate with an unlimited income think Calgary is cheap now, he's like "1000 a month for a small apartment for rent, that's not bad".

I believe your going to see a trickle of growth moving east. We're already seeing it in Saskatoon. Its getting too expensive to live and start businesses in Alberta so they're moving east. I don't know if the growth could continue to places like Winnipeg but it could you never know.

the growth areas in BC are Vancouver and the Okanagon Valley and the Island.
problem with Island based economies is that its either government forestry or tourism based so the high loonie is not good for forestry (plus they're on strike). Okanagon (Kelowna, Kamloops) service and tourism.
Best future outlook for jobs in BC is the tourism sector. The back bone of BC has always been the forest, but that's not sustainable, everyone is switching over to tourism based economies.
The smart ones here have gone from regular business majors to tourism majors or business management majors. That's where the growth is going to be in the future. tourism.

Your best to stay in Vancouver now, the window for the 'moving to alberta idea' has closed. Plus if there ever was a boom bust economy collapse in the future it would be Alberta. They're even having problems now with the high loonie. Friends were saying some patches have to close because the dollar is too high.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Hello Peoples!

Happy Humpday.

Had some leftover aloo gobi and brown rice with tuna, but that was earlier.  Hungry again!

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Mariachi

purelife wrote:
[em]Mariachi wrote:
purelife wrote:
[/em] [em]Afternoon.  sounds like everyone is doing well.[/em]
[em][/em]
[em]leftover salmon caesar salad with an apple.[/em]
[em][/em]
[em]ok, gotta trudge back at work.[/em]
[em][/em]
[em]byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee![/em][/div]

[em]Sigh.

Bet/hope some guy in New West can't believe his luck!
[/em]

[div style="font-style: italic;"]I don't get it either...

OK, so it makes no sense and even I don't get it now.

Jeez, can't a boy just make a nonsenical statement once in a while? It's not fair to have to make sense *all* the time, you know.

Gopher

Mexican tuna salad and couscous
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

don't know about lunch yet.
probably something light.

Lise

Greetings, how is everyone today? Looks like another wet and gloomy day. Yuck. Frigging cold too. *sniff sniff*

Lunch today was noodles and chicken. It's steak teriyaki tonight so I'm looking foward to that. Haven't had steak in a while. I kinda remember it being a bit tough last time but I'll give it one more shot tonight.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Lise, try the t-bone fast cook steak from Superstore.  It's more expensive but well worth it.  Very tender and cooks very quickly. :))  Oh, and add some onions.  It mixes with the juices of the steak really well.  YUMMY!

Lunch for me is chilli and an apple.

Michel

Lise

T-Bone steak? Yeah, that's my favorite cut of meat but hubby doesn't like bone or fat. So I have to get the extra lean meat which means it dries out faster. Ugh. Anyways, he likes it that way so he's welcome to chew it till the cows come home.

I've a hankering for a bowl of chillies.... hmmmm....

How's that tea, Michel? Feel the buzz yet?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

Lise

4 hours of sleep? Boy and I thought I was sleep deprieved. Wowee. You must feel like a zombie. Were there lotsa action last night in bed? Hmm?
Bill Cosby.

Michel

Sportsdude

kd/tuna

off to my club later.

Michel

P.C.

Mariachi wrote:  OK, so it makes no sense and even I don't get it now.

Jeez, can't a boy just make a nonsenical statement once in a while? It's not fair to have to make sense *all* the time, you know.

lol Mariachi......nonsensical statements are the back-bone of DS. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="vny!://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]

The Shaw saga continues.  What a bunch of buffoons.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

|