Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

Sportsdude

kitten? She's awesome.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

49er

it's possible that requiring your DL# confirms that you purchased the equipment and Mr. Sawdust didn't break into your house and stole it and is now setting it up in his house

Michel

Sportsdude

Michel

P.C.

it's possible that requiring your DL# confirms that you purchased the equipment and Mr. Sawdust didn't break into your house and stole it and is now setting it up in his house

I see what you're saying 49er.....except it didn't require my DL# to purchase it, nor does it require my DL# to get cable, nor would Sawdusts knowledge of my DL# prove he isn't stealing the PVR (lol)  It also should be of no concern of theirs who has the PVR.  It's bought and paid for.....it's not rented from them. They also called this house....the same one they were at yesterday.  All they needed to do was press their little refresh button.

*I was counting on you for a good explanation......you hardly ever fail....lol[/DIV]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

who's name is the pvr in?

P.C.

Who's name is it in ?  I'm not certain it's in a name.  Hubby bought it...so.......I would think if it was 'in a name' it would be his.  I'm just wondering how the policy changed from Monday to Tuesday.  It all just seems too ridiculous.

Michel

Lise

Bummer about your situation there, PC. Yeah, I'm really hesistant about giving off private information especially with phone numbers to businesses, no matter what they claim it's for. I always say no unless it's a refund item that needs to be return (credit card) in which case I will give it reluctantly. But if it's for anything else, I'm not going to do it. It's my right as a citizen not to give out private info.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

I'm just still very curious how they got my DL# in the first place.

Did anyone catch the news last night about Facebook ?  Now there's a good reason to not plaster your info all over the place.  I've never thought it was a great idea anyway.....but now even less so.

Identity theif's paradise.....too easy.

purelife

I've noticed people posting home address, phone, cell phone, work details on Facebook.  That's something I would not do.  It's too easy for a hacker to take up your identity.

Anyways, morning everyone.

I had a nice conversation with my neighbor last night and we basically talked about Vancouver and how it's best to just move to Calgary or even SK.  You make WAY more money out there and could save a whole lot than living here.  I'm tired of Vancouver.  I definitely want to move out of here.  So much to think about. :)

After 2010, she was saying, that construction will be down and there will be many many layoffs from many sectors.  And the service industry would boom.  I do agree with what she is saying.  Young families are already owning their own homes.  Here, it's damn difficult!  

Sportsdude

Calgary is just as bad as Vancouver now. And they're really not getting richer, it just seems that way because cost of living has sky rocketed. Especially in Calgary. I've got friends from Calgary and Edmonton and there was an article in the paper recently about Albertan myth of being loaded. Due to the fact that economy is moving faster then the infrastructure can build up and the rents are high.

Cheapest place in Canada to live in, big city wise, Winnipeg. That's if you like arctic winters and mosqiutoes in the summer.

[a href="vny!://www.darcynorman.net/2006/08/24/myth-of-the-rich-albertan/"] vny!://www.darcynorman.net/2006/08/24/myth-of-the-rich-albertan/[/a]

all my albertan friends have said the same thing and they worked as an oil worker to boot.

P.C.

I think I agree SD.  That may have been true 5 years ago.....but it has leveled off.  No longer is there the huge wages and the lower cost of housing.  The only ones that will profit now from moving to Calgary ...are the ones that did so 10 years ago.  THEY will see HUGE profit in the value of their homes.

I too have friends in Calgary.....and friend HERE who work in Calgary.  I think the get in low....get out high thing has passed. (unless you're a pipeliner....in which case you will make money wherever you go...lol)

*purelife.....the identity theft was much simpler.....and required no address and no phone numbers.  I was shocked.  For women who have brothers with whom they converse with....they provide the woman's maiden name.  A valuable piece of info....as banking often requires this.  The guy showed how it was done....and within minutes, he had enough info to secure a mortgage under his new identity......that 'YOU' (whoever's name) would be responsible for.

|