So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

lol I walked the sea wall and that's all I kept running into. I think I saw all economic levels too. From the groom and bride having some stranger take wedding pics of just them and then both getting into their car and leaving. To a huge wedding party on a giant cruiser. The best though was the broken down limo wedding party (had to be just out of college kids) and then the wedding party while I was waiting for the bus. A pregnant bridesmade couldn't walk, somehow I ended up in the wedding photo book because I helped them out. lol

ah, i miss vancouver need money though first before I can go back.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

Sportsdude

yeah I used to be like that. then left the state of misery. lol (get it misery, missouri lolololol)

life is what you make it. Only thing we can do as a society is steer the 'troubled' in the right direction before its too late. We can't force people to go to school for example. They have to find it within themselves that schooling means jobs and a better life when the economy isn't doing so well and they aren't paying 20 bucks an hour at mcdonalds (saw that ad in the paper today) or 30 and hour to put up dry wall. Catch them before they fall through the cracks. You wouldn't believe how many first nation people go to school here. Makes me happy. They want to better themselves, then go back home and become examples to the young kids that life can be better.

the female population gets it, its us males that don't get it. Most classes I have there's just a couple males besides me the rest females. They see that 30 an hour job and take thinking i'm going to make a lot of money. But fail to realise that their job is only based on demand due to growth of the economy.

If we paid more attention to causes of societal problems instead of how to fix the results of the problems, lots of people would be better off. Sort of like violent crime in Canada. Its way down and falling every year, you're most likely to die from heart disease and diabetes then a violent crime now. But you wouldn't know it from watching the news. Hence, they call heart disease the silent killer. More people are dying from it weekly and monthly then murders and violent crimes combined in the last 10 years. That's a major problem but you won't see that on the news of course.

Michel

Sportsdude

lol. obviously they didn't heed the advice.  

Lise

P.C. wrote:
 Are we talking per tooth ????

I was thinking of 'the woiks'.  I have heard quotes upward of $20,000 to $30,000.00.  Could this be for real?

I'm just looking for a ball-park.  If it costs 2 to 5 hundred to have a tooth filled these days....I'm thinking $500 wouldn't even cover numbing....LOL

Yes. Unfortunately, per tooth. See, that's why I don't understand why dentist can charge you an arm and a leg for their service but not pay their CDA enough. Sheesh.

You have to let me know what tooth are you talking about and how many? Where about in your mouth? Molars or bicuspids...? Has the tooth gone through Root Canal? All these factors need to be taken in before I can give you an idea of how much they cost approx.

You can always PM me if you wish. [/DIV]

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

cuz they want to keep all the money to themselves. My chiropractor does that, charges 100 bucks yet pays her workers minimum wage (6.50).
These workers have degrees.

Michel

Sportsdude

Yeah I'm not the first one to come up with that Motto. The local spencers store always had "I'm from the State of Misery" t-shirts.  

Lise

Greetings! What a beautiful day today. I may even take the kids out to the library and read some books there. What are you folks up to today?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Morning everyone.  I hope that you had a nice weekend.

Lise

Hey Ms. purelife,

Yes! We have a good weekend though a bit hectic. My mother-in-law's vacuum cleaner broke down and we had to go to Sears to buy one.

Ah geeee.... gotta run. The kids just woke up.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Hi and bye Lise.

I heard that you had a nice bday party for miss dora. :))  Have a nice day at the library with the kiddies.

I started packing away my summer clothes yesterday and re-washed all my winter stuff.  Bless laudromats. :))  We have heat turned on and am happy for that.  

Sportsdude

morning/afternoon pl, michel and lise

yeah fall is here! love it.
turned the heat on too in my room.
I like the colder weather, when I packed for school back home I mostly packed colder weather clothes.

Lise

Hello everyone!

Can't stay too long. Library was a blast but it was weird seeing very little books around. I wonder if ppl from various parts of Vancouver come to this branch and borrow all the books. There seemed to be a lack of childrens book everywhere! Meh.

Got a meeting to go to tonight. CDA meeting. No fun but I gotta collect my professional points. I don't see why you would have to collect points. Stupid, stupid. Just make the dentists collect them and leave the CDAs alone.
Bill Cosby.

|