So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

Michel

P.C.

Awww....well sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.  A year's not so bad.

Will it change to 'normal' hours after a year ?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

P.C.

So....no bear sightings the last couple days.  Although they have left there mark all over the road below my driveway......lol   I'd love to see one again.  We had one a couple years ago, that came right up on the porch, with his nose on the glass in the door.

I was running around frantically....shouting to hubby....."where's the camera, where's the camera"  When I finally found it and came up to the door....only inches from the glass separating us......and clicked off a few pics.  I was feeling pretty smart, until I finally noticed that hubby was standing there the whole time with the video camera rolling......LOL

Michel

Michel

P.C.

I'm always attentive to their possible presence, Michel.  

I have been thinking about going to the local grocery stores to ask for the produce that has passed it's 'best before' date, to take up to a nearby lake to drop off for the poor fellows.  They must be hungry to risk their normally shy existence to come looking for food here.

Michel

P.C.

I see that you've good intention but if you do that, make sure it's a totally remote place where nobody goes cos the bear will think it's a food place from now on and they will go there regularly. Actually, it's probably a really bad idea cos you'll acostumed them to human food.

Rest assured that they'll be able to manage to find food, you don't live in a desert.

It is remote.  And I've given some thought to the danger involved in the possibility of making them become accustomed to human food.  But I distinguish 'human food' as food they find in 'human inhabited' places.  Otherwise....do they know the difference?  I mean, the only thing that drives them into these areas, is that they're not finding food in their own world.  *cry*

I don't know if it's a good idea.....I just know I feel so bad for them.  [/DIV]

P.C.

[FONT size=5][img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="vny!://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a077.gif" border=0]OMG !!!!!!!   Only 10 minutes left !!!!!  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="vny!://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a077.gif" border=0][/FONT]

Michel

Michel

P.C.

Good night Michel !!!!!  Safe speedy trip home.

P.C.

Are they skinny ? You know they eat non stop at this time of the year to prepare for winter. I'm sure they will find. anyway, if you give them food (assuming that the local supermarket give you some) you'll have to do it everyday to make a difference and then the bear will really depend on you to get feed. And you know what happen to these animals, they have to be shot.

Definitly not a good idea.

a few rotten apple left behind in a safe place on occasion is something. More than that it's a bad idea.

You know Michel.....I KNOW all this.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="vny!://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c020.gif" border=0]    I'm the first one to say that the only time nature is out of balance, is a result of man's interference.  I just want to DO something....I feel so helpless.[/DIV]

|