So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

she gone.

wow listening to the radio canada sure takes each murder like its the most important news event.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

It's a way like another to do censorship... Do you think they will repeat day after day that 70 % of the population in Québec is against the war in Afghanistan?  No let's talk about murders, accidents and racists incidents blown out of proportion. Crap for the masses, that's what news have became.

Sportsdude

its just weird coming from an american view point. Murders are never national news unless its a school shooting or terrorism related.
And on the local news its done in passing and that's it. "Somebody was shot today blah blah blah" and that's it. lol

Michel

It's the tabloid influence, 10 to 15 years ago, the level of seriousness of the news was way better. when you say Radio-canada, you're talking about AM radio, FM radio, regular TV or 24 hours news (RDI), cos their coverture of the news are very different. On TV, RDI is the best, by far, you'll get stuff taken directly from France, Belgium and switzerland among others sources.

Sportsdude

ah. Well I was listening to CBC radio.
But having it front page news on ctv was weird.

Michel

ah ok CBC is not Radio-Canada, that name is reserved for the French network only, hence my confusion.

CTV is the tabloid style, their French equivalent is called TQS (Télévision Quatre Saisons). When they appeared 15 years ago, all the other French channels "had" to get a more tabloid approach in their news coverage cos they loss millions $ in publicity.

Sportsdude

yeah CTV is very american in broadcasting.  

Sportsdude

yikes still not used to 5% alcohol by volume beer from Canada. crazy.  

Michel

LOL In Belgium they have beer with 8 and 12 or13 % of alcool if I remember well, the Maredsous among others. Oh the headaches...

Sportsdude

yikes that's nuts.  

Michel

L'Assomoir, like Zola wrote, the numbing tool of the time...

Michel

*whistling* grey skies and sunset on the building of downtown right now, quite amazing to see...

Sportsdude

I bet P.C. and Sawdust are having a blast with this awesome weather. Simply amazing outside.  

Michel

Good for them indeed !  

purelife

Evening.

I could answer your question about my working late via PM...so Michel, register yourself!  At least, register under another name or something.  You could decide not to post but use it just for messaging.

How was everyone's dinner?

|