So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

Sounds delish Lise.

So, when you go up the escalator, is it to the left or right?  So, the curry shop?  Is that the name of the little food place?  I wrote it down, so I might just visit Crystal Mall soon.  I haven't been there for some months now.  Gosh, I would love a tour from you but I'm a last minute gal who doesn't really plan these types of outings.  *sigh*  

Lise

You go up the escalator and turn to your right. It's at the extreme right corner, sorta located in an L-Shape bend. It's my favorite place to eat. I usually get this dish or the Hainan Chicken Rice. Their chicken curry isn't too shabby either.

Maybe one day we'll meet at the Crystal Mall. Would be nice just to lounge around and have bubble tea. Hmmm.... now I want one. Dang! I should have bought taro bubble tea when I was there just now.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Yes Yes!  You, me and Lil Me.  Just the gals. :))))  (and maybe kids)

Is Crystal Mall groceries just as cheap as T&T or cheaper?

P.C.

Hello ladies.

Where is T&T please ?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

wyk wrote:

Did you know the Urban Growth Management program you are enrolling in at Malaspina College is not accreditated or recognized by either the PAB or CIP at the undergraduate level.  That could affect whether you can get into UBC at the graduate level which makes attending conferences even more key.

Now THAT is a valuable piece of info to know at this point SD.

Sportsdude

I already knew that P.C. most accredited programs are the masters programs. So I'm guessing planning schools are the equivalent to med schools and law schools. That's just my guess though.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

UBC and McGill are the best places in Canada for urban planning apparently. And I came to the conclusion that 'planning school' is the same as 'law school' or med school. Because McGill and UBC only offer Masters and PHD classes.

[/p][font face="arial" size="-1"]
[/font][/p][ul]
[/ul]

P.C.

I know zip about it.  I just thought it seemed like valuable info to know that the courses 'you' are taking may not lead you in the direction you want to go.

Sportsdude

I know. But I've never been a believer in just a fancy name on a diploma. I can transfer to UBC/SFU after 2 years if I wanted to just to have 'UBC or SFU' on a diploma. Lots of people do it. But then again I don't want to be refered as a number in class.

Plus schools accept Malaspina grads for grad school. I searched the international section a while back and I saw "now at Concordia, UBC, SFU' etc.

Grades trump prestige. And Malaspina is accredited so I'm fine.

P.C.

Like I say, I know nadda about it.  It just reminded me of a dilemma I got myself into years ago (many years ago....lol) where I had dropped a few classes (dumped French and switched from Academic Math to General Math) with the understanding I didn't need them to head in the direction I was heading, only to find out 2 years later, that I DID in fact need those classes.  It was extremely disappointing and wasted a lot of my time. I KNOW it's not the same thing, but it reminded me of it.  

Lise

Hi! I had to leave for a bit.

I find the produce at Crystal Mall cheaper than the T&T ones. They're also fresher and most are locally produced so you get good prices.

T&T is a mega Chinese supermarket chain found throughout the mainland. Sorta like Save-On Foods but Asian. The thing I like about T&T is that you can sometimes get stuff you can't get at Crystal Mall. Y'know, like stuff from other countries like Malaysia, Singapore, Korea etc. etc. etc.

I just wish the staff would speak some ENGLISH! Sheesh. If you're gonna work here, at least learn some English.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

no habla espanol?

bought my plane ticket and hotel room!
5am flight, lol check in at 3am. ha ehhh its going to be a long day.

PostMonkee @(^_^)@

Be sure to wear your "I'm on a mission from Allah" T-shirt to the airport    =)
Jesus, bad waves of paranoia, madness, fear and loathing - intolerable vibrations in this place. Get out. The weasels were closing in. I could smell the ugly brutes. Flee.

Sportsdude

lol!
Yeah I'm flying to Houston first then to Vancouver. My goal in life is to never set foot in Texas. So far I've only been to the airport in Houston for a couple hours.

PostMonkee @(^_^)@

So you already failed your goal in life?

Pick another and be quick about it!!    0_0
Jesus, bad waves of paranoia, madness, fear and loathing - intolerable vibrations in this place. Get out. The weasels were closing in. I could smell the ugly brutes. Flee.

|