So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

not technically. I never went outside of the airport and walk on texas ground, never breathed the air or listened to the radio. I count airports as nuetral places because in international travel you've got to pass customs in order to leave the airport and go outside. So technically its like a go between. Technically is, technically isn't.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

PostMonkee @(^_^)@

[FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"][FONT size=5][FONT color=#ff0000]You[/FONT][FONT color=#ffffff] hate[/FONT] [FONT color=#0000ff]our [/FONT][FONT color=#ff0000]freedom.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Jesus, bad waves of paranoia, madness, fear and loathing - intolerable vibrations in this place. Get out. The weasels were closing in. I could smell the ugly brutes. Flee.

Sportsdude

lol I just hate texas.
I like New Mexico though.

PostMonkee @(^_^)@

I went to visit my ex-wife's parents in Texas.

It honestly wasn't so bad, considering I was a long-haired weirdo and people were very polite and friendly.

Of course, I stayed in Fort Worth, which is a relatively large city.

What would have happened to me out in the boonies only Jesus knows.
Jesus, bad waves of paranoia, madness, fear and loathing - intolerable vibrations in this place. Get out. The weasels were closing in. I could smell the ugly brutes. Flee.

Sportsdude

Oh I heard Austin is an awesome town, plus its liberal the only place that is liberal in Texas.  

PostMonkee @(^_^)@

Affirmative. My new office mate spent a couple years in Austin and LOVED it.

Sounds like he only left because he always gets nomadic urges after a few years in one place.

Austin has jobs and a lot of progressives and freethinkers. If it didn't get hot as Hades I would seriously consider it.

Sportsdude

I know, if I had to live in Texas I'd live in Austin and Austin only. I knew somebody who lived and went to school their and just absolutely loves it and wanted to move back.  

PostMonkee @(^_^)@

Apropos of nothing.

Sportsdude

lol!
so did you hear what a white house aid did today when he was asked what he did at the white house?
Leahy said "what do you do at the white house" the guy responded "president's executive priviledge" LOL!!!
He wouldn't even say what he does. ROTFL!!!

PostMonkee @(^_^)@

Uh hu. Typical.

Have you been following the Tillman case, where congress is trying to determine who engineered the coverup?

Rumsfeld testified, but all he had to say was "not me!"

Everyone basically pointed the finger at a retired 3 star general, and he told congress to go f*ck themselves; just refused to testify flat out.  

Sportsdude

He was murdered. The bullets were closely together in the head (when accidental fire would have been bullets all over the place). Tillman had come out against the Iraq war and was supporting Kerry in the elections.

PostMonkee @(^_^)@

I'm not 100% sure either way. I've heard that he had three 5.56 mm rounds enter his face and that the spread was consistent with a single 3 rnd burst from an American assault rifle (M16 or M4) at close range. I think they said like 10 meters or something. Soldiers on the scene burned evidence and then high ranking officers helped to cover up the incident.

It seems POSSIBLE that it was a genuine accident and that soldiers simply reacted in a panic and tried to hide it. I'm leaning towards the fragging scenario though. If they were in dense jungle I could see accidentally firing through underbrush and tagging a friendly. A saw the military's own video walk-through of the site, however, and it's basically just rocks and some small boulders (barely even big enough to crouch down behind). They also killed a friendly Afghani soldier, but the outrage at his death has been understated to say the least.

PostMonkee @(^_^)@

And not to be a nit-picker, but the guy who shot Tillman must have been the best spec ops marksman in history. Firing a 3 round burst at 10 meters and placing all rounds in a head-sized target zone (taking into account muzzle-rise) in the heat of battle must be some sort of record.

Like Oswald and his magic bolt action rifle maybe?

Sportsdude

well he was a ranger right? They've got to be pretty good. But it was from farther away they said. Every bullet was like an inch apart from one another. That's pretty close.  

PostMonkee @(^_^)@

In the congressional hearing last night someone said 10 meters. This figure was from army medical examiners.

The original story had the main U.S. force firing on an unknown group from down in a gorge, but that story I think has evolved over time.

Here's an interesting article which delves into it.

[A href="http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_bill_per_070730_was_pat_tillman_murd.htm"]http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_bill_per_070730_was_pat_tillman_murd.htm[/A]

The contention voiced in this article is that there is no way you could fire a 3 round burst and have all round impact so close together. Not only is there muzzle drift to take into account, as the article states, once the first round impacts the target is going to spin and flail. So it's asserting that a single round killed Tillman, then after he was dead 2 more rounds were pumped into him to make sure.

|