So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

lol...YOU posted it !  I have no idea what the fireworks are for.  What did it say it was for, where you got the photo?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

I did some research apparently its the Celebration of Light. Looks really cool, I've never seen fireworks like that before.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Hey Russ.....we've turned someone else on to hot pot.  I'm so glad we picked up a second unit.....I knew it would come in handy....lol  

Lil Me

P.C.- I smell a new business opportunity...

Pssst!  Hey Pal!  Wanna buy a hotpot?
 *opens up coat and sells someone a hotpot*

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Hahahaa....that's a great idea Lil Me.  

We were just so thrilled with our introduction....we thought it would be cool to do the same for someone else.  Russ and Starfish brought all the goodies and it was amazing.  Those units Russ turned us on to are simply not available around here.  The ingredients.....maybe (doubtful)......but not the actual hot pot unit.

Sportsdude

hot pots look like a lot of fun.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

P.C. wrote:
 Hahahaa....that's a great idea Lil Me.  

We were just so thrilled with our introduction....we thought it would be cool to do the same for someone else.  Russ and Starfish brought all the goodies and it was amazing.  Those units Russ turned us on to are simply not available around here.  The ingredients.....maybe (doubtful)......but not the actual hot pot unit.[/DIV]
 Glad you like it PC! <muah hahaha> The infection is spreading...

I admit I got absolutely hooked on it when I was overseas in china.. one of my favourite things to eat over there. Safeway should be able to get the ingredients if you have one nearby you, they have the hotpot stock bases and stuff like that.

Im still trying to see PC creeping around in a trenchcoat.. flashing people with hotpots.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

PC. If you head down to your local Chinatown there are lots of stuff that you can get for your hotpot. Just look in the frozen section to get dumplings. I know this because I was shopping around Chinatown when I was in Victoria. There are also tons of veggies you can buy there suitable for hotpot like bok choi or choi sum etc.

Good morning people. Hope all is well with you. Hot last night.... couldn't sleep well last night even though we had the fan on on high.

Attempting to read my book (again).... it's been so long, I'd forgoteen half the characters and what was going on.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

forumla1

morning peeps! what book are you reading lise?

forumla1

oh oh....costco sells the new potter book for like 26 sumthing....cheap cheap!

Lise

Hey Formula! What's shakin?

Robert Jordon book. I think it's the fourth one. I can't for the life of me remember the title. After the 1st three, my interest has started to wane. And I've got something like four or five books to go after.

I got my HPotter book from Chapters online. I just had to spend an extra $20 to get the free shipping. Twas ok, at least I got some other books for the kids. It's $20.00 at Save-On Foods if you spend 5,000 points there.[/DIV]
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

forumla1

is it sci-fi, lise?  i don't think that i've heard of him before...

i'm reading James Rollin's sandstorm... my first book from this author.

psst., soreee...guess this shuld go into the current reading thread.

so uhm, what's for lunch? ;)

Lise

Gosh. It's so funny. I'm so used to the pace of DS that when I cross over to DATW, it's such a difference.

Sorry. I had to leave for a bit there, formula.

Robert Jordon is a fantasy writer. He's been writing books for eons. Quite popular author. Dunno if you've seen his books but they're about the Wheel of Time.

Is your book any good?

I'm not sure what I'm going to do for lunch today. Maybe just go out and eat for a change. I hate cooking when it gets hot. Don't know why. Just low on energy. I think the heat just sucks the energy level from you.
Bill Cosby.

forumla1

no problems lise... yea, ds is slow sometimes, actually, quite often.  :(

i'm in the first coupla of pages of my book and it's pretty interesting.  if you like "the day after tomorrow" "armageddon" etc, you'll like this book.  it's in the similiar nature.  his writing so far is excellent.  my man loves this author..his favorite and i like to keep an open-mind about books... cuz i don't read much

it's too hot to cook.... i usualy make soups and stews but when i eat them, i just end up sweating... better in teh winter when you need these kinds of comfort food... in teh summer, i'm all about fruits and raw veggies... and eating out... *sigh*

*hugx*

Lil Me

Hey everyone!

I dunno what to eat today, either.  Potato salad?  It's been a fruit and coffee day so far.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

|