So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

lol....ummm....I think I'll pass thanks Schad. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/g038.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Schadenfreude

It's nothing like a "salt lick".
"I used to rock and roll all night and party every day, then it was every other day.  Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

P.C.

I've had some of the salty licorices, and they have no appeal to me at all.  I'm also not fond of the 'twizzler' type licorice either.  I like the kind that is almost leathery in texture, kink of like those licorice pipes you used to get as a kid. Mmmmm.

Are you a licorice fan ?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

Neat-o, Russ.  I'm going to look around for those licorice...the ones with the small holes, thin like a pencil and wriggly.... ;)

I think Granville Island would have them.  I'll check there first.

Lil Me

Evening everyone!  It was a busy day here.  We were comparison shopping for bikes.  Grandparents kindly bought Jeckyl a new bike ($50 at Zellers) because the poor younger kid never gets anything new.  

I had been trying to teach Jeckyl to ride a bike on a seriously old one- wonky tire tubes, thrashed brakes, etc.  Adding up the cost of the parts, it was the same as a new kids' bike on sale.

Leftover Greek salad for dindin.

Meanwhile, I've been madly copying files to an external hard drive ($113 at Costco), deleting files and defragmenting so that I can install software for my new printer ($89 all-in-one at Costco).  Pain in the @$$.  But my printer had cratered, and the hard drive is cheaper than buying a new computer.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

evening lil me.
Being a couch potato and not being at the gym working out where he usually is saved my friends life I think in Minneapolis. Or else he'd be on that bridge. woot for xbox!

[a href="http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070802/ap_on_re_us/minnesota_bridge_collapse"]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070802/ap_on_re_us/minnesota_bridge_collapse[/a]

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Evening Lil Me, SD and Russ.

That was really nice of your grandparents to get Jeckyl a new bike.  :)))

How come you have to backup your stuff before installing that printer?  Do you need make more available RAM?

I found out today that my brother and his g/f's baby pomeranian just died by accident.  I don't know much of the details but the head was hit really hard which caused internal bleeding and then it just died.. [img style="width: 80px; height: 80px;" src="/forums/richedit/smileys/Sad/2.gif[/img]  May you rest in peace, Kiwi...  

Lil Me

SD- glad to hear your friend is safe.

pl- Hey!  I needed to backup the files so I could delete them off the computer harddrive (photos and such) and have enough space to install the printer drivers.  My computer is really old.  The $113 portable hard drive is 10X bigger than the computer hard drive!

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

Sorry to hear about the doggie.  That's very sad.  

purelife

ah, I see... it's amazing how much hard drive space there is on a portable drive!  And, it's cheap too! :)  

Lil Me

Back to licorice... I used to LOVE the licorice allsorts as a kid.  I'd go through a bag on a long bus ride.  I especially liked the discs with crunchy licorice sprinkles on them (pink or blue).
 These days I don't enjoy candy as much as I used to.

Sportsdude

oh noo, poor doggie.  

Lise

Uhm.... that's so sad. Sorry to hear that, purelife. I just think of our little guy who's half pommie. That's one thing about dogs... they love to run out without thinking twice about what's coming at them. That's why I lock my dog up like crazy. I can't even let him off leash.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

KatKam:

[img style="width: 414px; height: 310px;" src="http://www.katkam.ca/p.asp?what=currentjpg"]

Sportsdude

so what's the occasion for the fireworks?  

|