So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

kitten

Whatever you like. I prefer small hills and rivers for a view, or looking over the ocean.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

well let me clarify looking over an ocean is boring unless its like a tofino where you see storms coming. That's always cool. I like looking at mountains and bays, rivers etc.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

I have an animated screen saver that shows rippling ocean waters and white clouds drifting past, and you occasionally hear seagulls in the background.  To me this is a memory of when I would go down to the wharf in Saint John, N.B. and just sit and watch the water and the boats and daydream of travelling to some far-off place.  It is incredibly relaxing.  Just the sound of the water is so soothing.

P.C.

Mmmmm....I'm with you on that one Kitten.  The ocean is alive......ever changing by the minute.  The sound, the smell, the changing colours.........nothing boring about the ocean to me.  A little aquatic wildlife never hurts none either.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

I always loved the smell of the ocean, and I still dream of the sound and wake up smiling.

Sportsdude

ah, I've got those. Instead of wharfs its more about the family farm around sunset. Or the mountains. Something about mountains during the summer while its raining makes instant images of vacations.
Cucumbers are also an imagery sensing thing for me. Reminds me of my hungarian grandma and her salads.
Watching golf on tv makes me think of the summers with grandpa watching golf on tv and playing board games down in florida.

Sportsdude

oh the ocean! I remember the cape cod ocean at dusk, nobody on the beach except dad, mom, me and sis. All you could hear were the loud clashes of the water.

Then the ocean down at grandma's on the beach watching the sunset. oh the joys of summer!

P.C.

It's SUPER breezy out there right now.  But the wind is really warm.....almost tropical.  It's lovely.....the windchimes are going nuts, and the trees sound awesome.  I love this.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

It all sound idyllic.  All I'm hearing now are the sounds of fans going at full speed trying to cool the apartment down.  I've had to shut the patio door and kitchen window because of Kaycee, and it is still an oven in here.

Sportsdude

Do you have a screen door kitten? Those are a life saver during the summers.  

kitten

I do, but anyone could slash through it at night.  In the daytime Kaycee wouldn't be able to go out, so it isn't used.

Sportsdude

Ah, I see, meant that if your in the room keeping it open to cool the room off.  

kitten

The patio door is always locked slightly open to let some air in.  But the cat can't go out, and not a lot of air comes in either.

Sportsdude

bummer. looks like loud fans are your only option.  

kitten

I will have to turn off the loud one, or my neighbours won't be able to sleep.  Mind you, I don't see how they can sleep in this heat anyway.

|