So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

I love halibut, but I'e never boiled it.  Must try that, cuz I'm allergic to lobster.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Those are some lovely prizes. :))  Supporting Relay for Life is awesome too.    

P.C.

Hi purelife. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a010.gif" border=0]  When we have lobster, hubby has to toss them in the pot.  I vamoose until it's on my plate.

Yea....what'd ya win...what'd ya win ?      
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

good evening Lil Me, purelife, P.C.

oh is it hot outside

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

I guess that you don't hear it screaming, huh?  I just heard that those lobsters squeek in high pitched noises...it's scary and sad... :((  

P.C.

Oh !  Good prizes Lil Me.....way to go.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c014.gif" border=0]   .....AND a good cause to boot.  

Lil Me

(see p 803 for prize list)

I'll hafta bring y'all to next year's beer and burger.   There's already my Relay Team there, fellow Scout people, and my neighbours, so why not my internet friends?!  

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

well lobsters would do the same to us if the roles were reversed. I know for a fact if my dog for example could eat me he could.    
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

*plugging ears purelife.   LA LA LA LA LA LA LA  

P.C.

I love halibut, but I'e never boiled it.  Must try that, cuz I'm allergic to lobster.  

Yea....I was a little skeptical myself Lil Me....but it was lovely.....I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Not sure why they call it poor man's lobster....that stuff's no bargain either....lol

Lil Me

Yes, halibut is expensive.  And huge!  Can't believe how big those fish are.

There is also a fish called Orange Roughy, which tastes like lobster.  It lives at the bottom of the ocean and eats whatever libsters eat.  Kinda hard to find, and expensive, but it's good.

There are BIG lobster tails in the frozen section of the Superstore.  They look like a gigantic lobster popsicle.  About $10 each.

purelife

Speaking of lobster, does anyone know where to dine for excellent lobster?  I've tried The Keg but it wasn't the greatest.  I heard that the Boathouse is good?  

Lil Me

Sorry, I'm no help here (allergy).  I can pick on a piece of lobster at a Chinese dinner, but any more than that and I'm itchy!  

purelife

Do you have the same itchy reaction to crabs, Lil Me?

I remember when I was very young, I itched all over whenever I had crabs, but now, it seems to have disappeared.  Thank goodness...cuz I enjoy crabs.

One of my co-workers suddenly developed an allergic reaction to chocolate.  She started to itch all over.  I didn't know that one could develop allergies later in life....

Lil Me

allergies are weird things.  they can come and go.

Yes, allergic to all shellfish (shrimps, crab, lobsters, clams, etc.)  I can eat a few shrimp, or a few pieces of crab/lobster or drink a few Caesars- then I need to stop.

Often, at Chinese dinners, I just eat the crab/lobster sauce on top of white rice.  MMMMM.  Or the scrapings from the inside of the crab shell.

|