So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

pitbullca.bc

Kingy...requires standing for 8 1/2 hrs a day.....and smiling no matter what..electronics that don't work...and peeps that are in denial that machines  need fixing..........

Devil

Hi pitbulla, you get some rest. I need rest too.

Gotta go. Have sweet dreams all!

pitbullca.bc

yaa...me too...probably the shortest stay for me in my history ! LOL..goodnight peeps

Sportsdude

same here. I'm off  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Is anybody still there?  I missed the Friday lunch chat because I went to a funeral.  My kids said the highlight of their day was watching the hiab truck stuck in the mud out in the cemetary.  There was a fab dinner to follow at the Sun Siu Wah.  *burp*

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

tenkani

Happy Friday LM.
Hope the funeral wasn't too difficult for you.
Was it someone close?

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Lil Me

No, it was fine.  It was a 96 year old family friend.

How's tenk this fine evening?

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

tenkani

I'm doing Ok, thanks for asking.
Got home late from work and I'm just listening to some excellent reggae a friend sent me. Hard to be depressed when you're listening to reggae     :)
So...what did you have for Lunch?

Lil Me

I raided my parents' fridge for leftovers before the funeral.  Some Ancient Grains salad and butter chicken.  You?  Bibimbap?
 Today's rain was exceptionally torrential.  I don't think you get these large bucket storms in the Bay Area.  Mind you the weather there is strange.  Was last in SF last summer, and couldn't believe how COLD it was in the city in Aug, but drive across the GG Bridge and it's hot .

tenkani

Ha!! So true!!
Mark Twain said something like "the coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in san francisco". LOL!
People have strange ideas about what california's like. They always imagine san diego type weather but the bay area and the central coast can be cold, foggy and rainy a lot of the year. Ug.

Sorry about your monsoon season!! Your right, we get rain here but it's usually not the kind where you are afraid to inhale for fear of drowning.

Lunch was a crispy chicken salads from burger king and an apple. It's sort of sad that you can get 2 or 3 burgers for the price of a salad. Is lettuce really so expensive??

Lil Me

sure makes you wonder what kind of cheap crap they use to fill the burgers.  

tenkani

Urp!
Don't want to think about it    :(
It's almost enough to make me a vegetarian!!
Are you a big meat eater?

Lil Me

I'm ominiverous, but less meaty than I used to be.  Lotsa fish and tofu around here.  Mind you, BBQ season is around the corner (as soon as all the damn rain stops), so it's off to Costco for lamb chops, Angus beef burgers, smokies, steaks, etc.

Whatcha doing this weekend?

tenkani

[br style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"][span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]I'm ominiverous, but less meaty than I used to be.  Lotsa fish and tofu around here.  Mind you, BBQ season is around the corner (as soon as all the damn rain stops), so it's off to Costco for lamb chops, Angus beef burgers, smokies, steaks, etc.[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"] [br style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"][span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"] Whatcha doing this weekend?[/span]

*drooolllz*
Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me that I haven't had dinner yet!!    ;)

Tomorrow I get to clean my bathroom because I've procrastinated too long! It's actually pretty clean right now except...for...the...grout    *shudder*

I take really really long baths and showers so mold is always an issue. How do you clean teh grout!??!? HALP???!?!?

I think I remember Lise saying use bleach.

So yeah, I'll be cleaning my bathroom, maybe vacuuming. If it's a nice day and I actually wake up before the afternoon I'll check out the beach since I haven't been in months (which is sad because it's just down the street).

How about you?? Plans?

P.C.

Be careful cleaning that grout tenkani.  No mixing of Windex and bleach.  Lethal combo of gasses.

A good spring cleaning really lifts the spirits...yes? (AFTER it's DONE of course)
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

|