Hello Kitten

Started by Gopher, Apr 24 06 11:35

Previous topic - Next topic
|

kitten

I think I'll pass on the carbonated beverage.  It could produce unwanted side effects.  Also, until proved otherwise, the gas tank will continue to operate on gasoline only.  It might give the car more "go" power, but my little car has all the power it really needs in the city.

At a guess, the fox crossing your path would mean that there are a few in the neighbourhood.  I haven't heard of any other significance attached to the event.  I think they are an attractive animal.  We have coyotes in our area, and they look like mangy, half-starved dogs.

How very unusual to see a penny-farthing on the street!  There is a unicyclist that I see fairly often pedalling up and down the hills here.  I think of it as an amazing demonstration of stamina.      
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

Stamina? Well, if it's not spinach a la Popeye, then it must be rhubarb.

I agree with you about foxes, a most attractive animal indeed. The one I saw last night seemed (from a distance) to be a large cat, however as it got closer there was no mistaking it at all, slender, graceful and evidently quite tame as it stopped awhile and listened to my greeting before scuring off to who knows what in the grounds of the local hospital.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

If I were a unicyclist, especially on some of these bumpy roads, the last thing I would want is rhubarb before setting out on my journey!

I used to occasionally see foxes when I lived in Surrey.  One warm spring evening I saw a mother fox with her kits trailing behind.  I so wished for a camera then, since they seem to be shy little creatures.  Perhaps your fox hadn't run into any bad guys yet and was more trusting.

Gopher

I hope so. It's a terrible thing to realise that almost all animals are instinctively frightend of humans - what an awful legacy our ancestors must have given them.  

kitten

When you think of hunters crashing about in the forest every fall, it's understandable that they would be frightened.  I feel sorry for the young ones that are left behind to try to fend for themselves.  I am a meat-eater, but I wouldn't be eating anything that wasn't in plentiful supply, such as chicken.

Gopher

I suppose it makes me glad to be a human - but do I REALLY want to belong to the species which is so adept at persecuting almost all the others?

Kitten, I'm off for now (back at work today - so far it's been good, in fact I'm in for an easy week. 'Hard' weeks are always the first and third in the month).

Please tell PC that when she mentioned that she was delivering, I instantaneously assumed that she was a midwife (until you clarified the matter).

Enjoy the rest of the day.

kitten

Good to hear work is going well today.  The time is approaching for my last shift of the week.  Halleluia!  I will pass your message to P.C.

Gopher

Thanks. ...I suppose that nowadays it would make a natural follow-on to producing wedding invitation cards.  

kitten

Good morning, Gopher.  I'm curious about your new avatar.  Care to elucidate?

Gopher

Not really, it's just one I found ! Actually if you've kept your eyes open you'll have found that they're changing with mind-boggling frequency at the present time. I just can't decide what to use.

Are you back at work again now?

kitten

I had noticed the changes, and my mind has been well and truly boggled.  

No, not at work, just enjoying my "weekend".  I had a medical appointment for myself yesterday and another for my cat today.  Apart from that, I am devoting myself to some serious loafing, thanks to the heat.

Gopher

I've just been doing some googling and have come up with a lovely word that at once means 'actively lazing' or loafing - LOZZOCKING! Lovely word, isn't it?

I do hope that cat and kitten have benefited from their respective visits to vet and doctor.

kitten

Lozzocking!  I shall have to store that in my list of beautiful words.  Thank you for finding that.

Medically, Cat is doing well with his Wringer's lactate infusions.  Kitten is still waiting for results of the MRI scan.  The doctor is becoming impatient with the delay.  But I am a very patient patient, so I don't mind too much.  How are you today?

Gopher

How am I today?

Not bad at all thanks. I'm in a nice week at work i.e. not at all rushed, this happens every second and fourth week in the month, hence I am able to get on with all sorts of things that I don't usually have time for, PLUS (of course) some things of my own.

The heat which we had all through the month vanished a day or so ago, all seems more comfortable now - it's back again in a couple of days, but not (in the short term) going to be quite as hot as it was before.

Good to hear of patient patients - nowadays I loathe going to the doctors and am impatient to get away even before I walk through the door. Doctors in general, or so I find, don't seem to be as friendly nowadays - more efficient perhaps but, alas, at the expense of a bedside manner. Do you find the same? Or are you still treated as a patient rather than merely the harbourer of a 'complaint'?  

kitten

I'm happy for you that you have easier work this week, as well as a more comfortable temperature to work in.

I've been very lucky to have been with the same doctor for the last 23 years, and he does treat me as a welcome patient rather than an anonymous medical file.  There were a couple of times when he was on holiday that I had to go to a clinic, and I was very uncomfortable with the experience.  They seem to treat you as an intrusion, rather than as a patient.

|